Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
A friend of mine put some diamond cut hydroturf on his platform last year. It's really nice, and held up well last season. I don't think they offer the customization options that seadek does though.
They don't to my knowledge. Everyone I have talked to advised using the "b" stock diamond. They have it on clearance. The edges can be routed to have a custom appearance

http://hydroturf.com/products/Closeo...Sheets_of_Turf

I went with the solid 2 color largeeee sheet. If I did the math right it has enough to do my trailer and swim platform in one sheet. Was 60 shipped. The stuff I got was thinner than expected but cushy. However as I said before I'm not sure about the solid vs textured for showing marks. Prob not a big deal but can update when I get it on the platform.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 ProStar 190
I used Seadek, purchased their template, and had the whole thing custom, with no troubles at all working with them. They were knowledgable and didn't try to hide anything in the costs. Perhaps you were working with someone who didn't know what the heck they were doing. I had a thread on my 96 Prostar 190 refurb and included pictures of what I did in that thread. Was very happy. Sorry you did not fare so well...

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."
Old 01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
I went ahead and ordered a sheet of the clearance HydroTurf dark grey with black grooves. It will be enough for 2 boats so if it works out, I will post pictures and offer the extra peice to someone else. By the way, the hydroturf with 3m selfstick adhesive was only $90 ($45 if I can sell the extra piece!) compared to over $400 for the sea-dek pad. Of course, I had to give up the "MasterCraft" logo in the center and the cool fake teak look.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
I also had a great experience working with Seadek. My first pad was returned slightly undersized and they quickly remade one to replace it. At that time they had some issues with shrinkage due to the heat process they were using. They make a great product but you pay for that quality.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
The reputation was why I contacted them to start with. They have some awesome designs on their website. You certainly do pay for the quality. My MC is 9 years older than yours and the old girl just isn't that fancy anymore. Actually, my original pad is not in bad condition but looking a little tired. Anyway, she's getting her hull buffed out ($100 for polishing compound and buffer from Harber Freight), new hull stickers from Jim at BAWS ($200 I think, don't remember now), new seats from Viper (est $1800), and a cheap-o deck pad!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
I also had a bad experience with Seadek. Last spring I ordered a swim step pad for my X2 and got the gray faux-teak with MC logo. I ordered it based on the image on their web site. It arrives after 3 weeks and it has a cloud outline around the "MasterCraft". Not too bad looking, but certainly not what I ordered. So after no responses to emails, I finally call them and they refuse to take it back because the logo was "custom".

So, they tell me that they are not allowed to sell a MC logo without an outline around it, some BS about trade marks and MC. Finally I talk them into making me a new one at a discount without the loopy outline. Person on the phone says that "this is the last one we are making like this!" like I'm the bad guy for wanting the logo that they advertise. Here is what I ordered and what is still on their web site, the gray one with the loopy outline is what I got.

The thing is that the Brown one is still advertised on their web site! So be careful and make sure you know exactly what you are getting BEFORE they cut it.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2013, 10:08 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr6coug View Post
................it has a cloud outline around the "MasterCraft". Not too bad looking, but certainly not what I ordered. ....................
I like clouds.............

Like the feel of the Seadek material over the OEM.
Attached Images

2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 10:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
My experience with SeaDeck was top shelf - I ordered a snow camo deck pad with the MC logo. Little spendy, But it looks fantastic - shipped and priced as promised by Sea Deck.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 ProStar 190
I don't know what the heck they are talking about on the logo - here's mine from my 96 Prostar, I bought from them in early 2012.

NO LOOPS!!

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."

Last edited by Jeffer; 07-09-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:36 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
That's perfect!