Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM
TT Regular

Boat: x25
interesting game with kings and oilers lastnight. very questionable referee calls. and huge overkill celly for Yakupov scoring his goal just before the 3rd period buzzer. dont get me wrong. happy for the kid but its the third game of the season relax and celly like you've done it before. either way the oilers are getting more and more interesting to watch. dont like them but they are going to be a challenge for teams in the near future i have a feeling.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
I managed to score a box seat for the Stars last night... Free fajita dinner, free beer...

Stars lose to Chicago in OT 3-2... Anyone catch the game?

I love all the dallas teams EXCEPT the crygirls... I wanna see the rangers, stars and mavs win... but man the stars suck... skate like they're 70 years old...

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM
TT Regular

I will be in dallas feb 21 when the stars play the canucks. hopefully theres more blue jerseys in the crowd then just mine. go canucks!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:59 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofresh View Post
I will be in dallas feb 21 when the stars play the canucks. hopefully theres more blue jerseys in the crowd then just mine. go canucks!
As long as the canucks median age is less than 80, they should handle the stars fairly easily...

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190, LTR 330
Quote:
interesting game with kings and oilers lastnight. very questionable referee calls. and huge overkill celly for Yakupov scoring his goal just before the 3rd period buzzer. dont get me wrong. happy for the kid but its the third game of the season relax and celly like you've done it before. either way the oilers are getting more and more interesting to watch. dont like them but they are going to be a challenge for teams in the near future i have a feeling.
I watched most of the 2nd period. Weird game with all of the penalties. Especially since neither team could score 5 on 3. With all of the offense on both teams, the nets should have been full, especially the Oilers' net since I have 4 Kings in my fantasy draft.

The finish would have been pretty exciting, I guess I shouldn't have turned it off. I saw the highlights this morning. I loved the celebration by Yakupov. He's obviously a very passionate guy. I seem to remember some TV clips from draft time showing him having a lot of personality. Even though it was only game 3 of the season, it was obviously a huge goal in that young kid's life, maybe the biggest so far, who knows. Especially after he blew his huge scoring chance in period 2, he wanted to redeem himself and he did in a big way.

We Flames fans are supposed to hate the Oilers, but I can't help but be excited for them. I'd love for them to finally do well, just as long as the Flames stay just a little bit better (I might be dreaming there). Flames vs Oilers tomorrow night on Hockey Night in Canada should be pretty fun.

The local Calgary sports radio had Theoren Fleury on this morning talking about the celebration. Fleury loved it, he said he might try to catch up with Yakupov at the rink tomorrow to congratulate him. It's good that Yakupov did the knee slide against LA, cause if he did it here tomorrow it would be seen more as an Eff-U to Calgary than just spontaneous excitement.

Here's clips of the 2 celebrations. Fleury's goal was a game winning overtime goal in the playoffs, and he says was the biggest goal of his career. I'm assuming Yakupov will have some much bigger goals to come, but I don't blame him for being excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSRFLUBgvzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfysDNnuX64
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
TT Regular

definitely. huge goal for the kid at a huge moment. fleurys snipe was indeed the first thing that came to mind when i seen nail yaku do his similar looking celly.

im just saying for a young guy early in his chel career it was alot at once, and being a player myself i know the poor sucker will get chirped for it a ton. maybe he couldnt help himself with all the hype, i dont know.

kinda like when rupp did the jagr salute during 12' winter classic. philly wouldnt let that sh*t go and they beaked rupp constantly.

either way though...LA is really nursing that stanleycup hangover
Old 01-25-2013, 12:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
definitely. huge goal for the kid at a huge moment. fleurys snipe was indeed the first thing that came to mind when i seen nail yaku do his similar looking celly.

im just saying for a young guy early in his chel career it was alot at once, and being a player myself i know the poor sucker will get chirped for it a ton. maybe he couldnt help himself with all the hype, i dont know.

kinda like when rupp did the jagr salute during 12' winter classic. philly wouldnt let that sh*t go and they beaked rupp constantly.

either way though...LA is really nursing that stanleycup hangover
Good point about the chirping. Could be a sh*t storm for the kid. If he did it against the Flames, like Rupp did against the Flyers, it would be a different ball game, no?

What team do you cheer for by the way?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McKevin View Post
Good point about the chirping. Could be a sh*t storm for the kid. If he did it against the Flames, like Rupp did against the Flyers, it would be a different ball game, no?

What team do you cheer for by the way?
Oh ya, Canucks.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
Season ticket holder since 1998 - I may go to some games as the rest of this season was pre paid. Not too exited as the fans are kicked to the curb by the Billionairs and Millionaires.

Wings suck. Go Preds.
This isn't looking too good now... lowly Wings, supposed to miss the playoffs are in, while the mighty Predators are out.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 PROSTAR
Blackhawks