Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
Where to mount fresh air exhaust?

I've decided to add an FAE to my 02 X30. I've been emailing with the company since my boat is different than stock. I have a trim tab and a raised swim platform. Their suggestion was to mount the braces to the hull that overhangs the current exhaust ports and the trim tab actuator. I'm not sure I want to drill mounts into the hull. They said I could also do the standard "hang from the platform" mount.

Do you guys have any suggests or experience with the best place to mount the FAE?

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
I've got an FAE on my boat. It was mounted using the standard "hang from the platform" mount. I have a teak platform and the installer mounted a piece of square aluminum tubing to the bottom of the platform. The tubing has two holes for pieces of threaded rod to mount through. The two pieces of threaded rod attach to the tubing on the top and the FAE at the bottom. Nuts and lock washers hold the rod in place. The FAE is mounted to the exhaust ports on the boat with pieces of rubber hose and hose clamps. I don't have any pictures, but I can imagine having a trim tab will complicate the installation some. The length of the rubber hoses to the exhaust ports may need to be lengthened to accommodate the trim tab. I don't have any pictures of my installation, but it's pretty basic. I have to undo the nuts that hold the threaded rod to the square tubing to take my platform off my boat.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
i gave them the measurements of my trim tab and they said they would have to extend the back piece a bit to clear the tab. my gut reaction is to go with the platform mount with the quick release option.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo9 View Post
i gave them the measurements of my trim tab and they said they would have to extend the back piece a bit to clear the tab. my gut reaction is to go with the platform mount with the quick release option.
I would go this route over drilling into the transom for sure. I bought my boat used and it came with the FAE installed. I think the quick release would be nice to have, but I only take my platform once a year to refinish the teak so nuts and bolts aren't too bad.