Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2010, 11:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 x1
My LR3 does the same thing but the lights only flash when the truck is off and it works fine when the truck is running.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X-2
Mine doesn't do anything when the truck is off but will start flashing as soon as I turn it on. Why can't things just plug in and work!!! Thanks for everyones help so far.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 Prostar 197 WTT
Has anyone had this same problem recently. I have a 2008 Landrover LR3 and just noticed the problem when I sold my old boat and upgraded to a new one. The LED's on the trailer flash whether the truck is running or not and it's clear the trailer and truck are not "talking" to each other since my backup warning does not disengage and the auto-level system is not working with the trailer either.
I followed the advice of others and bought the part listed on earlier posts but it does not work at all. I'm debating about taking the trailer to a local electrical shop and having them swap out all of the lights.
Any other creative ideas? I'm stumped.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xStar, 2008, LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbishop4 View Post
I just got a 07 Land Rover Lr3 and had the towing package installed. When I hooked up my 08 X2 to it the lights on the trailer keep flashing. Brake lights, turn signals, and running lights all work fine. I took the land rover with the trailer to the dealer to have them look at it and fix it. The dealer told me that it is because the led lights on the trailer and if I change one led light out with a normal light everything will work fine. This sounds funny to me but I don't know anything about light wiring. Does this sound normal for a Land Rover or should I go to a different dealer? If this is normal is there any way to make the lights work without changing from led's to normal lights?
We had a similar issue with our 2006 RR sport. Trailer lights blinked when car was shut off. Two different trailers, both with LED lights. No fault or warning in the car though. I didn't worry too much about it. Didn't seem to hurt anything. All was good when car was on. Just upgraded to a 2010 RR sport. Don't know yet if it will do the same thing.
1969 Glastron
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Curt/C57003.html

7-way to 7-way adapter for LED lights

The 7-Way to 7-Way adapter, # C57003, is designed to work on German vehicles like the VWs, Audis, and so on to deal with a bulb-out sensor issue present on those vehicles. It may not work the same for other applications like on your Land Rover.

If the LED lights on the trailer are not providing enough power draw on the system you can try installing some load resistors on each of the lighting circuits (right turn/brake lights, left turn/brake lights) behind the trailer connector. You would need # P230004A-2. These should provide enough power draw for the vehicle to recognize the trailer.

This is from the website - my vehicle is old, so I don't have this issue.

2013 X-25 - Love it!
2007 X-15 - Sadly no longer mine
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheat View Post
http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Curt/C57003.html

7-way to 7-way adapter for LED lights

The 7-Way to 7-Way adapter, # C57003, is designed to work on German vehicles like the VWs, Audis, and so on to deal with a bulb-out sensor issue present on those vehicles. It may not work the same for other applications like on your Land Rover.

If the LED lights on the trailer are not providing enough power draw on the system you can try installing some load resistors on each of the lighting circuits (right turn/brake lights, left turn/brake lights) behind the trailer connector. You would need # P230004A-2. These should provide enough power draw for the vehicle to recognize the trailer.

This is from the website - my vehicle is old, so I don't have this issue.

Get that part and you will be fine. It happens to all European vehicles when connected to a trailer with LED lights. There is nothing wrong with your vehicle. Not a big deal.

Last edited by fskof; 01-23-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
Here is more info:

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-r...ed-lights.html
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 19 skier Powerslot
We have had the same issue with a couple customers that were towing with Cayenne's This is what we keep in stock to fix the problem. See alot of custom truck beds with the turn signals on crack also.

http://www.ledtronics.com/Products/P...s.aspx?WP=1170
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog paw View Post
We have had the same issue with a couple customers that were towing with Cayenne's This is what we keep in stock to fix the problem. See alot of custom truck beds with the turn signals on crack also.

http://www.ledtronics.com/Products/P...s.aspx?WP=1170
curious if i have this issue. have a 2012 touareg and all i know is the trailer lights work fine.