Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 AM
nkorep2 nkorep2 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Boat: 1990 Prostar, 351 Windsor
Location: Southeast
Posts: 209
Drive shaft coupler/flange replacement

So, Im basically ready to reinstall the motor in my boat. I need to replace the drive shaft coupler/flange. Its very corroded and needs to be changed. The shaft seems to be in good shape and Id hate to have to replace both if the shaft is fine.

Is there a source for the flange itself?

I have a 1990 Prostar with powerslot tranny.

Thanks,
Nikolai
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 AM
j.mccreight@hotmail.com's Avatar
j.mccreight@hotmail.com j.mccreight@hotmail.com is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkorep2 View Post
So, Im basically ready to reinstall the motor in my boat. I need to replace the drive shaft coupler/flange. Its very corroded and needs to be changed. The shaft seems to be in good shape and Id hate to have to replace both if the shaft is fine.

Is there a source for the flange itself?

I have a 1990 Prostar with powerslot tranny.

Thanks,
Nikolai
Jim@baws would be my first contact

Maybe http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CPST4X1.0

Edit: thats for 1" shaft
__________________
James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 AM
nkorep2 nkorep2 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Boat: 1990 Prostar, 351 Windsor
Location: Southeast
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
Jim@baws would be my first contact

Maybe http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CPST4X1.0

Edit: thats for 1" shaft
Thanks, I swear ive looked on that site, but couldnt find that, im an idiot
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 AM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 13,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkorep2 View Post
Thanks, I swear ive looked on that site, but couldnt find that, im an idiot
You missed his edit. Your powerslot needs the 1 1/8" shaft.....not the 1" shaft.
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Trailer Special $699
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery


ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:15 AM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 13,932
You might try giving Eric at OJ Props a call. 865-458-5205

http://www.ojprops.com/
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Trailer Special $699
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery


ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.