New to Boating-Advice on 05 X-2
Hello everyone! I am new to the boating scene and would like some advice on a boat I would like to buy. First off, the boat would be for my wife and I. We would mainly be using it to wakeboard, a little skiing, and for general lake entertainment. Would be carrying 4-8 people. I have looked through the boat buying FAQ but wanted to get the forum's thoughts.
The boat is a 2005 X-2. Features include:
- 1 owner- no problems ever according to the owner
- 100 hrs on MCX motor
- Bimini Top
- Single axle trailer
- 2 tower speakers (unsure on brand)
- Teak platform
- Perfect pass
- No aftermarket parts that I know of
- All maintenance done.
- On a lift during the summer, in heated storage during the winter
The story on the boat seems good but being new to boats I am a little hesitant to purchase a boat without getting it into the water (it is winter in this neck of the woods).
1. Is that asking price reasonable for this boat?
2. Is there anything I need to be looking for in this particular year/model?
3. Would you buy a boat without a test spin?
Any other thoughts?
Thank you all very much for the insight and am very excited to become part of the MC family, whether it be soon or down the road!