Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbymgr View Post
I understand.................................all you OSU fans hate Brady because he is from Michigan, and OSU has never had a descent QB in the NFL. Unless you want to count Tomczak and his career stats of 88 TD & 106 INT.
I wonder who they'll root for in the Super Bowl?
The 49ers coach was a starting QB for Michigan who beat the Suckeyes 2 out of 3 times, while the Ravens coach only attended high school in Ann Arbor. Their dad worked for Bo as a Michigan assistant coach.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
When it comes to playoffs, Manning threw for more yards than brady in every head to head playoff match-up.

As for stats and facts. Here are a couple that you can't ignore. Matt Cassell's magical 2008 season in New England when brady went down, he ended up passing for more yards than brady did in 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2006. Not only that, but he had a higher yards per game average than brady's 2001, 2003, and 2006 seasons. So there is a HUGE argument that the system produces these numbers, not the players skill. As you can see, take Cassell out of the system and he is pedestrian. A test of a great QB is, take him off the team, place him somewhere else and see what he does. Please refer to Favre, Brees, and Manning. brady is not at the same level as these guys.

I concede that brady is a good QB. But he is not as good as the repeated perception.
Yes, yes he is. I've heard people say the system excuse for Peyton too (when in Indy). I' quite sure that is Brady went elsewhere, he'd still put up MVP numbers.

BTW, I was talking all around playoff numbers, not head to head. Can Peyton match Brady's 17 playoff wins? LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
And to elaborate another Fact. Manning has thrown for over 4000 yards in 12 of 14 seasons, or approximately 86% of the time. Brady has thrown for over 4000 yards in 5 of 11 seasons, or approximately 45% of the time.

To be fair, I did not count the 2008 season for brady, nor did I count 2011 for Manning as they were both injured. So you see, I am unbiased.......and Manning is better.
Let's compare playoff passing yards, completion %, td/int ratio. How about playoff wins, and Superbowls. Guess that shows who the clutch QB is. Heard ALL of the NFL announcers that are former Qb's say this weekend that if they needed to win a game, Brady is the guy they'd take. Steve Young and Phil Simms both said he's the best ever this weekend. Considering that Young is a first ballot all time great that backed up another HOF all time great, I think they know what they're talking about.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Yes, yes he is. I've heard people say the system excuse for Peyton too (when in Indy). I' quite sure that is Brady went elsewhere, he'd still put up MVP numbers.

BTW, I was talking all around playoff numbers, not head to head. Can Peyton match Brady's 17 playoff wins? LOL
Well, all Peyton Manning did this season in Denver was throw for over 4600 yards with 37 TD's, 291 yards per game average, with a 105.8 QB rating.....on a brand new team...after a year off due to injury.

Again, last I checked, both of these guys only play one position and this is a TEAM sport and there are 32 other positions on the field (including special teams) that neither of these guys play that contribute to a playoff win. This goes back to that whole thing about Belechick (sp?) and his system.

Conjecture and speculation don't help your argument.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Let's compare playoff passing yards, completion %, td/int ratio. How about playoff wins, and Superbowls. Guess that shows who the clutch QB is. Heard ALL of the NFL announcers that are former Qb's say this weekend that if they needed to win a game, Brady is the guy they'd take. Steve Young and Phil Simms both said he's the best ever this weekend. Considering that Young is a first ballot all time great that backed up another HOF all time great, I think they know what they're talking about.
Again, this is why I look at stats and facts to determine who is better. Numbers don't lie, they don't have feelings, they don't talk, they just are, and therefore they cannot be ignored.

Drew Brees is also better than brady, yet the Saints are not in the playoffs so you don't hear that he is the best from Simms or Young. It helps to be on a great team to be considered really great by these guys.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
MC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

Also better than brady.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Steve Grogan and Stanley Morgan!

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Both hall of famers right?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Both hall of famers right?

Andre Tippett is an easy one.

Mosi Tatupu is also an easy since his son plays in the NFL.

Irving Fryar, and Tony Eason also ring a bell, Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn and Andy Katzenmoyer from THE Ohio State University, Curtis Martin was also pre brady.