Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
mzimme's Avatar
mzimme mzimme is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,112
Congrats... I'm originally from the Quad Cities (Bettendorf). Where you planning on using it around CR? The resevoir?
__________________
1983 Stars & Stripes w/ PowerSlot
-Mike
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
What are the chances that you could back off the prop nut and see the stats printed on the prop hub. Diameter and pitch?
Agree, I am curious as well.
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
kbrighton's Avatar
kbrighton kbrighton is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 91 Prostar 190 - 454HO
Location: Iowa
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
What are the chances that you could back off the prop nut and see the stats printed on the prop hub. Diameter and pitch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Agree, I am curious as well.
Do you see something that makes you question whats on there? All I know about the prop is the owner said it was good for 47 mph and that it would rip your arms off. I will get a better look at it when the wind chill creeps back above 0 this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Congrats... I'm originally from the Quad Cities (Bettendorf). Where you planning on using it around CR? The resevoir?
Will use it on the Res on weekend mornings before the partiers get out of bed and trailered in, and also on the Cedar River on weeknights.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Snipe's Avatar
Snipe Snipe is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Location: Three Lakes,WI/summer;Menomonee Falls,WI/winter
Posts: 697
No, this is not to throw a scare into you by any means. Sorry if I did. My bad. I'm just curious because of the engine size. I believe the hull may be about like my 1998 PS190 but I only have a 350 cid in mine and my prop looks a bit small. I may have to get in touch with Jim at ACME and discuss that with him. So this is ONLY a question.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
j.mccreight@hotmail.com's Avatar
j.mccreight@hotmail.com j.mccreight@hotmail.com is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
No, this is not to throw a scare into you by any means. Sorry if I did. My bad. I'm just curious because of the engine size. I believe the hull may be about like my 1998 PS190 but I only have a 350 cid in mine and my prop looks a bit small. I may have to get in touch with Jim at ACME and discuss that with him. So this is ONLY a question.
Acme #541 CNC 13x12 is what you want, if it's a 1:1, on my 351w it's a beast for hole shot and also gained top end.
__________________
James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM
kbrighton's Avatar
kbrighton kbrighton is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 91 Prostar 190 - 454HO
Location: Iowa
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
Acme #541 CNC 13x12 is what you want, if it's a 1:1, on my 351w it's a beast for hole shot and also gained top end.
So in theory, which prop should I have on mine with the 454? Its got a 4 blade on it currently, but I still am unsure of which one it is. Im sure it will be fine, but just wondering what the go-to choice is for a PS 454.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
j.mccreight@hotmail.com's Avatar
j.mccreight@hotmail.com j.mccreight@hotmail.com is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrighton View Post
So in theory, which prop should I have on mine with the 454? Its got a 4 blade on it currently, but I still am unsure of which one it is. Im sure it will be fine, but just wondering what the go-to choice is for a PS 454.
dunno..... My response was to snipe with the 350
Attached Images
 
__________________
James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 01-22-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Cloaked Cloaked is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: MasterCraft
Location: Kingston,TN USA
Posts: 4,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrighton View Post
So in theory, which prop should I have on mine with the 454? Its got a 4 blade on it currently, but I still am unsure of which one it is. Im sure it will be fine, but just wondering what the go-to choice is for a PS 454.
Go-to is a 13x13 LH for the 454 regardless of the gearing ratio. There are other possibilities. Keep it simple and functional. Don't worry about making Jeff Foxworthy proud.

As was stated, if you want to know the current 4 banger, pull the prop and look on the hub.
__________________
93 190
.
Don't be a boot licker
.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8



Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM
SunCoast 83's Avatar
SunCoast 83 SunCoast 83 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Boat: 2009 Tournament Team 197
Location: ORLANDO
Posts: 1,007
Great looking boat. Congrats
__________________
2009 MasterCraft 197 TT
#46 of #100
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 AM
TRBenj TRBenj is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Boat: 1990 Ski Nautique
Location: NWCT
Posts: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Go-to is a 13x13 LH for the 454 regardless of the gearing ratio. There are other possibilities. Keep it simple and functional. Don't worry about making Jeff Foxworthy proud.

As was stated, if you want to know the current 4 banger, pull the prop and look on the hub.
13x13 traditional hand finished prop (Federal/OJ)? That would be on the small side for 454ci. 14x14 and 13x15 were the classic prop sizes that came on big block Correct Crafts, so I would consider 13x14 a minimum. A modern CNC 13x14 would most likely be the best for all around use, and a CNC 13x13 would be a good pulling prop. Both choices "act" about an inch larger in pitch than their classic hand finished counterparts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 AM.