Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Damn I wish I had ordered those fender cleats. They can be installed by the dealer?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 PM
MC Devotee

I believe mid-ship clear is standard for 2013? Extra battery option? Isn't 2nd battery standard?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Past: 1986 MC 19 Skier; Nautique, 230, 2009, PCM 343; 2012 X-45 ZFT4, ILMOR 6.0L. CURRENT 2010 X14V, ZFT3, RTP-1
The fender clips are awesome! I saw them at the ATL boat show. Very high quality and take the stress out of any raft up!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Yes, i believe the dealer can install.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X10, 6.2L, Navy and Grey
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! The mid-ship cleats seem pretty awesome, will definitely look into that with the dealer (hadn't heard of that option before).

The heater and hot shower options are interesting, honestly, before I went shopping, I had no idea such an option existed on a boat. Until now, being a little cold on the boat has been a right of passage - I guess I brushed that option aside as an un-needed excess. Thinking about it now though, I imagine they would probably be one of the most well used options - we're up in the Muskoka area of Canada, so it gets pretty cold other than 2-3 months of the year.

We don't do much dawn or dusk boating, so will probably leave the extended lighting options - although that underwater lighting looks awfully cool.

Have the ZFT4 tower with the Pro Package. Interesting recommendations about the mirror, I hadn't heard of the one you guys mentioned, will take a look at it.

Regarding the choice of the 6.2 - I had originally bumped in up to the 6.0, but ended up going to the 6.2 because of the weight difference (we do a fair bit of skiing), fuel efficiency and the nice-to-have power. I suppose I would have been fine in the 5.7, but liked the idea of going to some newer technology, and I didn't want to worry about power availability with some additional sacs in there. 4400lb boat with I'm eventually ~2,500lbs of balast and passengers seems like a lot of weight.

I went with a grey, navy and white color scheme. Interior and exterior photos attached from the online builder. I also attached two seat photos I found that I really liked and wanted to emulate.
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 PM
MC Devotee

You went with exactly same interior colors as me. Check out the X25 Build thread. If you are in Muskoka (spelling?) all the heated stuff is a must.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X10, 6.2L, Navy and Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
You went with exactly same interior colors as me.
Wow, thanks for passing that along! Those build photos are awesome, going to have to reach out to them to request the same. Very glad to see the interior in a live photo, much better than the online builder - having seen your setup I feel much more confident in the choices. I'm not totally sold on the exterior yet, going to keep playing with it.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358651069.465899.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  40.8 KB

I think that some options are one of three things:

1. Standard with 2013, IE zeroff with pro pkg, perhaps dual batteries (I'd double chk) so not listed on the build site. Mid ship cleats, again ask to be sure.

2. Discontinued. Tower cams are gone, but who knows they may come back.

3. The option is new or just doesn't get listed as it is low production order. The pin style fenders as an example. iPod video connector cable.

I spoke to an Ilmor rep at the Toronto boat show, she confirmed that variable valve timing on the 6.0 L gives it nearly identical power to the 6.2 up to about 4k rpms, after that the 6.2 lights up and outperforms the 6L. That is a repeat of what someone else said a month ago...i just happen to double check it.

There is no replacement for displacement. It's your money, your boat, you will save gas and you'll never second guess it after the fact.

Likely the fact that you're surfing that created the desire to bump up. Overkill, maybe...but I haven't compared them in the water - so my opinion is just from discussions and hearsay at best...

More empirical evidence ...Everyone person that posts anything about their 6.0 and 6.2 - has nothing but love for them. The folks with 6.2's are not posting "I'll get a 7.4 next time" and the folks with 6.0's don't seem to crave a 6.2... Some have bumped their 5.7 to a 6.0 in their 2013 upgrade.

Back to your upgrades - if you tube or ski (sorry for the hard cores that don't like those words so close together) a ski pylon would be advised.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

On the mirror, the factory doesn't install them. So work with buckeye, you might want the mirror that doesn't require drilling holes in the wind shield.

BTW: welcome to the family and congrats on your new boat.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by devongall View Post
Wow, thanks for passing that along! Those build photos are awesome, going to have to reach out to them to request the same. Very glad to see the interior in a live photo, much better than the online builder - having seen your setup I feel much more confident in the choices. I'm not totally sold on the exterior yet, going to keep playing with it.
If you aren't sold on your exterior yet, you can always some metal flake!

l

Tags
2013, options, x10