Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 mastercraft prostar 190
Thanks for the compliments guys it means a lot coming from a group of enthusiasts! Sammy the carbon fiber material jim has at viper is incredible! I did the seats in a previous boat I restored with material I purchased locally and it didn't compare at all to what him uses. U will be more than happy with the materials he uses! Mikey I can say the same about the carpet he uses it is very dense and the pile is great! It's very superior quality to what the shops around me use or what I've put in my boats in the past.thanks again guys I am very pleased with the results to this point and after all the work I've done i hope to get quite a few seasons out of it. The job from viper was 3050.00 and he had to actually build the observers seat and side panels because they were missing. They are composite material. He also had to replace all the foam.they also powder coated several parts and did some Gelcoat repair all in that price. I will definitely be using viper on my future projects!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
^agreed! His prices are super low. I got a quote for $4500 for my X-30 from a local guy just for seats. Jim's quote was lower, included Sea-Dek flooring, and a custom walk-thru. Well worth the drive for me.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Nickespi the local guys here told me 2500 if I brought them the seats and that didn't include carpeting or constructing the missing pieces.. Viper is da shiznit!!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
Wow, that's an amazing price. When I'm ready I may need to make a trek south. A 10 hour drive to Tennessee for me, but it looks like it's worth it.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Ricford it was 4.5 for me (not near as long as your trip would be) but it was worth every mile!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft Pro Star 190 1989 351
I agree. I towed my PS190 from Philadelphia and I feel it was worth every penny. Great work Jim!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS190
So with Viper your only option is to bring in the boat? I have an email into them already.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by reftech View Post
Orb I don't know what density the carpet is but its very plush feeling.I just left the boat with Jim at viper and let him do his thing.all I did was specify colors.yes I did away with the side storage pockets to clean the boat up and add floor space.the only drawback is I will have to clean all the beer cans out when I load the boat on the trailer every putting now because they usually got stuffed in the side pockets
I cut the bottoms out of the coming pads on my 87 as well (which I no longer own). It cleared up a lot of floor space because I could fit a wakeboard under each side. When I traded the boat in at a dealer, it took him a second to figure out why there was so much room on each side of the motor box. He liked the idea.

That is a VERY nice interior. Make sure all the kids bring along red Kool-Aid and freeze pops!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by flya750 View Post
So with Viper your only option is to bring in the boat? I have an email into them already.
They accept shipped interior components. The guy that does the work (it's not Jim J.) prefers the boat present to fit the pieces in the boat and see that they fit properly when placed into position.

I have seen interior pieces boxed, strapped to a pallet, and shipped. Some here have done just that and have been pleased with the results as well as not having to make the drive. Considering the cost of fuel, wear and tear on the vehicle, and what my time is worth, if I lived much more than 4 hours out, I'd consider shipping. Packing onto a pallet allows the trucking company to load as well as Viper's place to handle the pallet... with a fork lift.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Hahaha Hudgins I know man I don't even want to use the boat now for fear of messing the interior up!!