Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
I removed the old oil out of hubs.going to replace oil,put new brake fluid in the system.might get the rotors turned.
Attached Images

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-star
Any chance you can get a part # off the brake pads for us...was planning on replacing mine this spring...Looks great!
Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
I removed the old oil out of hubs.going to replace oil,put new brake fluid in the system.might get the rotors turned.
Lookin' good Too_tall -- you can get a tick up on the MCOCD by making painting those calipers... -
Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
I finished my trailer maintenance a couple of days ago. Changed the oil in the oil bath. Pulled hubs to inspect spindles, bearings and seals. Inspected brake pads and rotors. Re-assembled the running gear. Lubricated the pivot points on the coupler. I have the Reliable surge break which is no longer manufactured. I know I need the bushings (plastic) on the roller pins in the surge break. I asked the dealer to get a few for me but I have not followed up on that. My fear is that they are no longer available.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I've already stated looking into contingency plans on the Reliable coupler parts. Not looking too good without surgery. So what's the consensus on bearing oil these days? I'll be doing my trailer work this spring when the boat's on the lift again. It's so much easier to work on the trailer without the boat. I'm also strongly considering changing out my 5 year old Marathons this spring too.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Started getting my to-do list in order of priority vs. wish list items for the project 190.

With many other items that I would like to devote time to on this boat, putting in a big stereo system is really not at the top of my list.

We most likely will only have a basic stereo receiver with an ipod hook up and probably 4 regular speakers for now.

One thing that I am going to need asap is a new battery.

Does is make sense for me to get a blue optima battery for $200 or just a regular $100 deep cell like a Die Hard or Interstate?

Any suggestions?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Started getting my to-do list in order of priority vs. wish list items for the project 190.

With many other items that I would like to devote time to on this boat, putting in a big stereo system is really not at the top of my list.

We most likely will only have a basic stereo receiver with an ipod hook up and probably 4 regular speakers for now.

One thing that I am going to need asap is a new battery.

Does is make sense for me to get a blue optima battery for $200 or just a regular $100 deep cell like a Die Hard or Interstate?

Any suggestions?
I too have succumb to a basic stereo setup and it's not like I miss anything. I installed the Clarion M309 this off-season. Amazon for $169 US. I like to talk, slalom and barefoot ski, and relax in the boat. Louder music isn't a necessity for me, although a super system sounds good when I am around others that have the mega-sound.
Blue tops are a little more than $200 in my neck of the woods, more like $250.

I used Optima blues for several years and they are a decent battery. When I went to a dual battery system (for my small amp that drives four cabin speakers), I put in two Interstate batteries and am pleased. Where I think a battery gets its longevity is by keeping it properly charged year-in and year-out. I have a Battery Tender on each, that I keep plugged in year-round.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
I don't care for Optimas at all. Killed a couple in my FJ40.
Boat came with Deka marine batteries and they have been great for last 3 years. Don't have any idea how old they are.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
I like to talk, slalom and barefoot ski, and relax in the boat. Louder music isn't a necessity for me, although a super system sounds good when I am around others that have the mega-sound.
Same thing here with us...

We have had all DieHards and the last battery we bought for the BF200 was an Interstate which lasted a long time.

Most likely gonna pass on the Optima and stick to the basics...can always get one later if needed.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
There are a ton of people who hate the Blue Tops most claiming that they didn't last. If you do some searching you'll see most of these people didn't know what they were doing with the batteries and didn't have a decent charger designed for the technology.

I'm going on season 4 with mine, no issues. I like them due to the no spill design and ability to mount them just about anywhere. I also like the battery trays that are available and their compact design. They do cost more and if you're in love with your 20 year old or cheap battery charger they are not for you.

As for Interstate and Diehard.... had nothing but good luck with both. They're cheap but you will most likely have to live with the large black plastic boxes and deal with the battery acid that tends to somehow always make it's way out of the battery. They are however a very cost effective solution.