Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron. View Post
You also need to stop by the "Michigan House - Calumet MI"...great food and beer. Great place to warm up the belly during a sled trip.

edit: we're heading up there on thursday this week, hopefully it snows more!!!!!!!!!!!!! looking like Ishpeming has the goods right now.
Don't forget Schutes. No food but a very cool bar and their specialty drink is a Moscow Mule in a copper mug. I wish I was there right now

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/co....html?nav=5006
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
OUCH....when you "Break" things in you don't mess around! Hope nobody was injured, including the sled.
Other than 1 day of riding around our property, my sleds have not been off the trailer. This weather pattern really is odd as most of the places we go got hit with the big meltdown. Hopefully this turns around quick or I may be trading the sleds in on 4 wheelers!
Yeah really! Had 18mi on it when I pulled it off the deck that morning. Newest anything with an engine I've ever owned! This happened 2 mi later. Actually no damage to anything except my pride and slight bumper alignment req'd. Got lucky. I was following some guys in "the back way". Had a couple sleds beached where the line up the hill was, so I picked another line.........hard snow, it hooked up like mad and I tail walked it into the tree! So the sled actually hit vertical and kinda stuck there in the tree like I hung it off the front bumper. Pic was after I drug it backwards off the tree.
Fun stuff, but I waspretty rattled afterwards.
Regarding the weather, yeah my buddies in the midwest are pissed. No snow all the way up into the UP.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Yeah really! Had 18mi on it when I pulled it off the deck that morning. Newest anything with an engine I've ever owned! This happened 2 mi later. Actually no damage to anything except my pride and slight bumper alignment req'd. Got lucky. I was following some guys in "the back way". Had a couple sleds beached where the line up the hill was, so I picked another line.........hard snow, it hooked up like mad and I tail walked it into the tree! So the sled actually hit vertical and kinda stuck there in the tree like I hung it off the front bumper. Pic was after I drug it backwards off the tree.
Fun stuff, but I waspretty rattled afterwards.
Regarding the weather, yeah my buddies in the midwest are pissed. No snow all the way up into the UP.
Glad to hear you were OK and the sled didn't fair to badly. That would hurt seeing your new sled literally up a tree. Put a few extra miles on for us as things don't look to be improving anytime soon for the local trails and the closest ones in the UP are really a couple decent storms away from being worth the 8 hour haul. I am guessing by mid-February they may be good but that can change rapidly as the lake is wide open from what I understand and lake effect can dump a lot of snow in a hurry.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 AM
TT Regular

Boat: x25
thought i would post a picture of my sled.

2013 mxz x 800 e-tec

sorry for crap picture quality.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Screamin bumble bee! Nice!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 AM
MC Devotee

Just got back from 2 days in the UP!!!

After not having ridden at all last season and with the new house in-process, we finally got away for a couple of days of riding. We trailered up to St.Ignace, just across the Mac bridge in the UP and rode 207 miles on Sunday and another 175 on Monday before loading back up and heading home yesterday. Some of the best riding conditions we have ever had, the pics really do not do it justice.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2013, 11:16 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
God looks out for snowmobilers in Da UP!!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:44 PM
MC Devotee

The scenery in the UP is something to see, whether you are just getting ready to unload the sleds or sitting looking at one of the waterfalls. The trick is to take your thumb off of the throttle long enough to actually see the stuff around you.....easier said than done when the "dream-o-meter" and trail conditions are calling for triple digits!!!
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 X-15
Well winter is not quite over here in the North. Anxiously awaiting the short boating season. My 13 year old son experienced his first back country sledding trip last weekend. 2 bluebird days in a row!! Talk about lucky. I hope he doesn't believe that was normal. He did really well. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364743620.977065.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  34.7 KB
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Did you stay mainly eastern up or venture west? What towns were your pit stops? Had to put my sleds away over a month earlier than normal and missed great late season riding in the UP

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843