What would you do?
A friend texted me tonight.... he son was suspended 10 days today.
A teacher gave her son a school project, so he searched google for how to build a fire without a lighter or matches...
He watched one video, then clicked one of the supplemental links on the side
How to make a pen bomb! (Great for April fools)
she wants to fight the suspension, and she's asking what she should do....
I'm texting and asking her direct questions and pointing out that she will need to be documenting in order to approach the school board.
1) What is the teacher's story that assigned the project?
2) Was this the teacher that reported the video?
3) What is school's policy for YouTube videos?
4) Did she sign the school's internet usage policy?
5) What programs does the school use to monitor or prohibit websites?
My son;s school has software that prohibits youtube, ebay, facebook, etc....
and the technical school I substitute at uses Baracuda network filtering software that blocks just about every damn thing you can imagine, under the direction of the IT Administrator.
what would you do if this was your kid?