Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
oh. and get rev 10's and don't look back (or stand on the sundeck while they're at full blast)

I initially got rev8's because i thought the 10s would look weird on the tower because they're so big, thing is the xstar tower piping is alot thicker than the rest of the boats so it wouldnt have looked weird.
That's because the Rev 10's are the exact same size as a pair of old Pro 80's. they are as slim as a 10 inch speaker can be. The Rev 8's are in a Pro 60 housing. 10's all the way

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft XStar, 08, LY6; MasterCraft ProStar 190, 91, Ford Mustang;
Wanted to come back on track re ballast upgrade on an X Star 2004- 2011:

In the owners manual you can download on the website of wakemakers they write the following:
"The last step in this process is to install the Stop Flow T-Assembly for proper venting. Find the rear starboard hard tank vent and measure 12 down the hose from the thru-hull."

http://www.wakemakers.com/media/fly_...user_guide.pdf

My first question is if there is also a stop flow in the stock ballast vent line. If so where is it placed and thirdly, I think it would make more sense to have them placed closely together so that water which is overflowing from the sack is not able to go towards the stock ballast tank...