Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-15-2013, 07:57 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Ski Centurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I have called both my senators regarding the feinstein bill. I would urge all Ohioans to call senators Rob Portman (202 224 3353) and Sherrod Brown (202 224 2315). The girl working the phone in senator Portman's office told me they are keeping a tally on the calls for and against gun regulation legislation. I have called many times for many different things and this was the first time I was informed a tally was being kept without asking about it.
I wrote both of them, Pat Tiberi, Biden, and Obama on this. So far only Brown and Tiberi have wrote me back... Well used a mass response. Tiberi believes as I do, enforcing the laws we already have. Brown wants to ban assault weapons. I will be calling both Brown and Portman tomorrow. Thanks for the numbers!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft 351W slot
Liked
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Liked.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
Texas is trying to set the pace.

State Rep. Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands) has begun the process to file legislation assisting the protection of the Second Amendment of the United State Constitution.

The “Firearms Protection Act” bill would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries. Anyone trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face felony charges under the proposal.

“We can no longer depend on the Federal Government and this Administration to uphold a Constitution that they no longer believe in. The liberties of the People of Texas and the sovereignty of our State are too important to just let the Federal Government take them away. The overreach of the federal administrations executive orders that are do not align with the Constitution, are not very popular here in Texas,” said Toth.

Along with Wyoming, Texas will lead the country in continuing to stand for the sovereignty to run Texas as Texans see fit while exercising the Bill of Rights Amendments 2& 10 to “prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers … [to] extending the ground of public confidence in the Government.”

Along with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who has already filed more than 23 suits against the Federal Government, Toth will continue to stand with other Texans to encouraging the promotion of personal responsibility and liberties while actively guarding against outside parties attempting to erode the freedoms enjoyed by Texans so that the people of Texas may have more confidence in their government.

For more information contact, Amy Lane, Chief of Staff at 512-463-0797. Steve Toth is the newly elected State Representative for District 15, which includes The Woodlands, Shenandoah, Imperial Oaks, Oak Ridge North and Benders Landing along with some of the surrounding areas. He lives and works in District 15 and is establishing a House District 15 Office in Alden Bridge near the corner of Research Forest and Kuykendahl that he hopes to open by February of this coming year.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 35th Anniversary LQ9 Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Question for the group -- if a so-called assault rifle ban were to be enacted, or, if a high capacity magazine ban were enacted, what would happen to folks that currently own those objects? Assuming that there is a paper trail.

I have a slew of rifles but I do not have a high capacity semi auto model. I've never thought about owning one and don't have anything against them -- all this hoopla has got me thinking about getting one but given the current prices/availability I'll let the dust settle.

So, if there is a paper trail -- will a g-man show up at your door? Will the feds buy it back? Can you keep it? Anyone have any idea? Just curious.

Voodoo
I have kinda wondered this myself.

The Fedral Government would have to rely heavily on local law enforcement to collect them all. Mainly the County Sheriff's Office. Which has the power to hold their big middle finger up and tell Obama to sit on it!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Ski Centurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas View Post
Texas is trying to set the pace.

State Rep. Steve Toth (R-The Woodlands) has begun the process to file legislation assisting the protection of the Second Amendment of the United State Constitution.

The “Firearms Protection Act” bill would make any federal law banning semi-automatic firearms or limiting the size of gun magazines unenforceable within the state’s boundaries. Anyone trying to enforce a federal gun ban could face felony charges under the proposal.

“We can no longer depend on the Federal Government and this Administration to uphold a Constitution that they no longer believe in. The liberties of the People of Texas and the sovereignty of our State are too important to just let the Federal Government take them away. The overreach of the federal administrations executive orders that are do not align with the Constitution, are not very popular here in Texas,” said Toth.

Along with Wyoming, Texas will lead the country in continuing to stand for the sovereignty to run Texas as Texans see fit while exercising the Bill of Rights Amendments 2& 10 to “prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers … [to] extending the ground of public confidence in the Government.”

Along with Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who has already filed more than 23 suits against the Federal Government, Toth will continue to stand with other Texans to encouraging the promotion of personal responsibility and liberties while actively guarding against outside parties attempting to erode the freedoms enjoyed by Texans so that the people of Texas may have more confidence in their government.

For more information contact, Amy Lane, Chief of Staff at 512-463-0797. Steve Toth is the newly elected State Representative for District 15, which includes The Woodlands, Shenandoah, Imperial Oaks, Oak Ridge North and Benders Landing along with some of the surrounding areas. He lives and works in District 15 and is establishing a House District 15 Office in Alden Bridge near the corner of Research Forest and Kuykendahl that he hopes to open by February of this coming year.

A Sheriff in Oregon said he will not enforce any new gun laws.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-new-gun-laws/
Old 01-16-2013, 08:34 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
I could be wrong, but with the ban I don't think they will show up and take your guns/ mags. I believe the sale of them will just be banned.. Except within a few states.. I hope Missouri adopts the same thing Texas is going for..

Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Liked
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Thanks for all the LIKES so far. If you think its worth it, let all your friends know.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
Question for the group -- if a so-called assault rifle ban were to be enacted, or, if a high capacity magazine ban were enacted, what would happen to folks that currently own those objects? Assuming that there is a paper trail.

I have a slew of rifles but I do not have a high capacity semi auto model. I've never thought about owning one and don't have anything against them -- all this hoopla has got me thinking about getting one but given the current prices/availability I'll let the dust settle.

So, if there is a paper trail -- will a g-man show up at your door? Will the feds buy it back? Can you keep it? Anyone have any idea? Just curious.

Voodoo
The unknown factor of your question is the very reason that the last guns I have purchased were purchased used from individuals. Any future purchases will be the same process.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S