Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Americans for Gun Ownership - FB Page

A friend of mine feels so strongly about this issue he created this FB page. Gun owner or not, its nice to stay informed.

https://www.facebook.com/AFGOguns

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Ski Centurion
I am so outraged by this nonsense. Using a horrific event and using it as fear to push their political agenda. This is doing nothing to help make schools safer. To help treat mental illness and prevent this from happening again. I'm not sure what a new law will help do when criminals tend to break them anyway.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 35th Anniversary LQ9 Supercharged
Liked
Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Liked as well. I still agree with the NRA's recommendation of armed personnel in the schools to keep our children safe.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
liked ... that should get the attention of some of my overly liberal friends
Old 01-15-2013, 04:45 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
I'm not on facebook (proudly) so I can't 'like' that page. Can someone do it for me 1,000,000 times?

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
I have called both my senators regarding the feinstein bill. I would urge all Ohioans to call senators Rob Portman (202 224 3353) and Sherrod Brown (202 224 2315). The girl working the phone in senator Portman's office told me they are keeping a tally on the calls for and against gun regulation legislation. I have called many times for many different things and this was the first time I was informed a tally was being kept without asking about it.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

You cannot attend a sporting event, concert, political rally or anything else where people gather in numbers and not have a police presence, except our schools. This makes zero sense. If we feel there is a threat to our children then we should not be talking politics or political agendas, we should be putting cops in schools. It sickens me that politicians and gun control advocates are using recent events to further their political agenda at the expense of safety measure that could be taken overnight.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 MC 197 TT MCX
Question for the group -- if a so-called assault rifle ban were to be enacted, or, if a high capacity magazine ban were enacted, what would happen to folks that currently own those objects? Assuming that there is a paper trail.

I have a slew of rifles but I do not have a high capacity semi auto model. I've never thought about owning one and don't have anything against them -- all this hoopla has got me thinking about getting one but given the current prices/availability I'll let the dust settle.

So, if there is a paper trail -- will a g-man show up at your door? Will the feds buy it back? Can you keep it? Anyone have any idea? Just curious.

Voodoo
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
New York already signed the first "The sky is falling" gun laws.

ALBANY, N.Y. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a package of tougher gun measures Tuesday, soon after the state Assembly voted to bolster the state's ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

The Democrat-dominated Assembly passed the provision Tuesday by a 104-43 vote after the state Senate approved it by a wide margin late Monday.

The signing makes New York the first state to enact tighter restrictions on guns after the Dec. 14 massacre in Newtown, Conn., in which 28 people died including 20 children.

"What we're saying today is some of these weapons is beyond what we believe to be reasonable for purchase for New Yorkers," said Assemblyman Brian Kavanagh, a Manhattan Democrat who chairs the state chapter of State Legislators Against Illegal Guns.

The gun-control package makes changes and additions to a broad swath of state law, ranging from requiring universal background checks for all gun and ammunition sales, boosting the state's power to confiscate firearms from the mentally ill and increasing penalties for gun-related crime.

The new laws provide for an immediate ban on semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols with a "military-style feature," such as a flash suppressor or a bayonet mount. Guns that had been legal but are being banned would be grandfathered in, but their owners must to register with the state.

Magazines are limited to a maximum capacity of seven bullets, down from the current 10.

The story continues.......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-guns/1835785/

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com