Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft Prostar 205V "wakeboard edition", 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch View Post
I was thinking that! It was the 1st spring I looked at the boat and said it's starting to look a little old
WHAT!?!? After all the love you've been putting into it?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch View Post
Thanks for the offer of help. I got it back from the guy and it looks pretty much the sale. Not sure what's making it crack, He said to drill a 1/8" hold to let any moisture out. I was not wet.
Been drinking tonight? "sale", "hold", "I was not wet."

Just yankin' your chain because you made me change my avatar!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 PS205/1999 Manitou 24' party barge
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hat_in_Cincy View Post
WHAT!?!? After all the love you've been putting into it?!?

Been drinking tonight? "sale", "hold", "I was not wet."

Just yankin' your chain because you made me change my avatar!
ya, that was pretty sloppy and yes, I've had a couple

I'm starting to get the itch, but lack the funds. I've been in 2 brand new boats this year, a new Bu I-ride and my buddy just got a 07 leftover CC 211- I know it's CC and all but that is a nice frieking boat

Once I get my boat dialed and back in the water for the season, I'll be all happy again. My x-10 transom decal just came in.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 "Tarbaby", 2001 Prostar 190 Donor "Holestar"
Damn... When I opened your thread I wondered if I bought your boat.

Emailed ND two weeks ago pictures to get an estimate for a replacement support, he requested more pics but hasn't replied yet. So I exhumed this thread looking for a another cracked tower thread I looked at awhile ago.

Last edited by 46Chief; 02-24-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
^that 209 is gonna be the death of you haha
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Not to stir things up... but that looks like a defect that ND should replace. I could see the well crack - but obviously the manufacturer knows less than I do about metallurgy. I would take this off line and discuss with manufacturer...my .02... That's really scary where that is cracking and how the haze from heat transfer from the weld is showing... and who know's what else is going on with other tower welds... not making any judgments...
Old 01-15-2013, 01:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 "Tarbaby", 2001 Prostar 190 Donor "Holestar"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
^that 209 is gonna be the death of you haha
I'm wondering now, :{

I can't believe I missed this crack. I still think I have an excellent project... the excellent value equation has disappeared though. I will look into getting it welded if I can't get a reasonable replacement then look for a new rack further down the road.

Mike I'd love to get a free replacement, but I bought this used, it's ten years old, been around salt water and doesn't seem worth the stress of convincing whoever made the tower to replace it. I'm hoping that the replacement part is not too expensive, otherwise I'll be resourceful and find an alternative.

Comparing the original posters crack and mine definitely indicate an issue with the inadequate welding, or the design in which all the stresses are transfered to create that distortion in the metal around the crack.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Mike I'd love to get a free replacement, but I bought this used, it's ten years old, been around salt water and doesn't seem worth the stress of convincing whoever made the tower to replace it. I'm hoping that the replacement part is not too expensive, otherwise I'll be resourceful and find an alternative.

Comparing the original posters crack and mine definitely indicate an issue with the inadequate welding, or the design in which all the stresses are transfered to create that distortion in the metal around the crack.
It may be 10 years old but how long has it not had an engine? jk

I wouldn't argue it. With the way the boat looks I couldn't put much blame on anyone for anything found. There isn't a ton of sweat equity in that boat but it will be what you want when you get done with it. Mine was a mess too and I'm thousands and thousands into it but it will be perfect when I get done.