Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
I'll be the bookie... I'll give Mzimme 100:1 odds he wins...

We can have James come out and be the judge since he's a professional at getting illl at our lake! Hahaha

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Last edited by TxsRiverRat; 11-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
MC Maniac

One of my MSC officers was at the USAWS meeting today and Bob Mayhew himself talked about my ski league... He even printed up my article and passed it out to all in attendance!

A great day for Metroplex Ski Club! Yeah!

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Oh Mark please inform this CAT that many folks have tried to show me how to drink but none have succeeded.

Example: the tool bag that tried on our deep sea fishing trip......

So Mikey

KC beer I see is 3% and TX beer is 5%. So first off keep that in mind.

Second off I drink a 12oz 5%+ beer in like 2.4 seconds not wasting a drop and can do it all night.

Third off just this last Friday I killed a 750ml of Makers Mark Whiskey and a 24 pack of Miller Lite by my self over the course of Friday night starting 9pm to Sunday morning 3am on a hunting trip. Yes whiskey, beer, and guns is how I roll.

And finally I do have some good ole boy friends that bring me some back woods TN moonshine. 100+proof and yes I can chug that too.

I'm just giving you fair warning because the last guy found himself in a very miserable state.

TRR will also warn you that I'm not filling you full of BS.
You keep up that kinda alcohol record and we'll be looking for a new ski club member to replace you with. You'll be 6' under. Brag about that kinda drinking all you want, till the one time you DON'T wake up.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 "Tarbaby", 2001 Prostar 190 Donor "Holestar"
I love ski league formats, I competed for nearly 15 years in slalom trick and jump in class C, regional and national tournaments. I've never missed them one bit since I stopped competing, around 27.

I didn't have a competitive outlet until I started a thursday night race league on snow. we'd get two timed passes through a giant slalom or slalom course, free ski a bit afterwards, then convene at different local pub weekly for two months, where the local brewer would provide a couple pitchers of beer for each team, while the events department organized the times, and posted the results. At the end of the year the brewery would host an end of season party where alot of good gear was given out, t-shirts and bunch of free beer was consumed. The camaraderie, meeting new people and seeing the development of my skiing was amazing. I would be excited to be able to develop my slalom skiing in a non serious competitive format again. Actually I'd love to be able to ski in a surveyed course two or three times a week. No way I'm moving to Texas though.

I found the problem with the AWSA/USAW format was prohibitive to low income families and the fact that non skiing parents who helped with judging, scoring and driving duties had to pay the same as the skiers for membership duties, while at the same time other parents and competitors sat on the rears all day and did very little besides complain about not getting re-rides if they or their kid had a crappy pass.

Great job on making an effort to make organized skiing fun for people and getting them into the sport.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:30 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 PS197 TT
nice article, it's amazing what a little inner-club competition will do to your skiing!

'07 PS197 TT w/PP & ZO

club boat '12 PS197 TT
Old 08-05-2013, 10:14 AM
MC Maniac

So we had another ski league this year, which just ended 2 weeks ago... It was a great league this season, and the spaces sold out much faster than last year. In fact, there was a waiting list... I ended up having 11 competitors this year, where last year we had 6. Luckily, we only had all 11 show up two of the weeks because wow, we had to scramble to get it all put together...

Highlights:

Total # of skiers: 11
Total # of sets skied: 132
Club profit generated: ~$500
Tshirts: 15 total made to include the coach, and drivers
End of Ski league cookout provided by unused set dollars

We had a newbie to the slalom course who we now have so hooked, he is running the mini course and dying for more. We had weekly trash talk that was a carryover from last year... We even had side bets where one skier was challenging the coach... And with a 7 buoy handicap, only lost by 3 total buoys...

Highlight pics:

A couple of really nice wipeouts:

Some great skiing too:

The Tshirts:

The group pic and the end of ski league luau:

It was ALOT of work for me (and my aweseome crew Kyle and Phntmski) to put this on again this year, but to me, there is nothing better than a properly run event where we can all have a blast, build friendships and give a little something back to the club in exchange for exclusive use of the lake for 8 weeknights.

MC

Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Ski Brendella, Super Comp, 1991, 351 Windsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Jan 1st we have our Polar Bear day!
Polar Bear Day in Texas??....I think I could easily do that. Montana Polar Bear day another story, walking across the ice to get to the hole in the ice which reveals the lake water. . I wish I had a slalom club around these parts(MT). I have never even seen a course let alone have the opportunity to ski it. Very jealous of what you guys have built down there.

Cheers! I would pound a few beers with Kyle, Not to challenge him, but to enjoy together! You guys rock. Keep it up!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 02:34 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxwilson View Post
Polar Bear Day in Texas??....I think I could easily do that. Montana Polar Bear day another story, walking across the ice to get to the hole in the ice which reveals the lake water. . I wish I had a slalom club around these parts(MT). I have never even seen a course let alone have the opportunity to ski it. Very jealous of what you guys have built down there.

Cheers! I would pound a few beers with Kyle, Not to challenge him, but to enjoy together! You guys rock. Keep it up!!!
Thanks man! I'm just a small piece of the whole history, which started 20+ years before I joined. I'm happy to have served 3 terms as prez and helped drive the club to a renewed life... I think I'll be a little sad when I step down as president, but I definitely will get to ski more in 2014...

I still plan to be an officer and help drive the club, just more from a passenger seat and not the driver's seat.

Anytime you find yourself in Texas, come ski with us - and pound a few beers down afterwards!

Old 06-19-2014, 02:42 PM
MC Maniac

As promised, we delivered one heck of a night of waterskiing last night! I can not believe we are midway through the ski league season. Each week this becomes more and more fun, and makes me wish I’d been a participant the previous 2 seasons.

Of course, last night would not have been possible without the supporting crew... Texas Mastercraft for providing a brand new (with 14 hours on it) Prostar 197, which was simply put – gorgeous enough to make you drool... And of course, Scott Smith and Kyle Mayer play a huge role in putting this on – thank you to Kyle for picking up/dropping off the boat and thank you scott for helping keep things going and driving!

Last night started earlier thank goodness, and we did run until dark. I will say, the new Prostar gave everyone a bit of a reality check with it’s Zero Off – you better bring your A-game for it... Gorgeous boat, wonderful pull, sweet wake, and just a treat to ride in, ski behind, and drive.

I managed to get all of the night’s pics uploaded to the club’s photobucket last night, which can be located here:

http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/Me...?sort=3&page=1

Here’s a few highlights in case photobucket is blocked at your work:

This is one sexy ride, and yes, I am partial to this brand =)

Our president, daydreaming about a trade-in

The boat, doing what it’s supposed to

Allison showing what she’s got

The Jedi scrambles to run his pass

New member and ski leaguer Rob Kopp, back from recent injury – got to get those arms down!

Treva, cut it out... =)

The Sherriff trying to get back into the groove

Mr. Smith short pulls a little and it cost him... Good redemption on set #2

Tacey on edge and looking great

Before I forget, I also uploaded videos to our club youtube:

Tacey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCMbKFYr2A4

Jason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzxs54NhYU8

Mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofBEJvFwLao

Allison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pikjB-iINaM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHZ9dJHZI_k

Rob:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFGYQ0WUAlI

I believe I have one of Newhouse, but it had an issue uploading. Don’t worry if I did not film or photograph you last night, I will next time.

Below is the score sheet, as you can see many of us were humbled by the Zero Off.

Again, thank you to our sponsor, Texas Mastercraft - get out to see them for your waterskiing needs!

Old 06-19-2014, 05:44 PM
MC Maniac

One last video kyle wanted posted

http://youtu.be/IVEZx_j3evI

Last edited by TxsRiverRat; 06-19-2014 at 06:07 PM.