Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
My story is different. While jokingly looking at a 2013 my dealer through me an amazing trade-in number.

Here's my justification:

Savings:
-didn't have to pay the $500 service/winterization fee
-no winter storage
-didn't have to pay for a couple gel repairs
-was able to port over my extended warranty
-saved myself 4K for the aftermarket ballast system I was going to have put in, instead it will cost me 400 bucks
-2013 value added including new trailer, new aluminum accents, new Murphy controls, Zero Off, new platform, tracking fins
-get a new boat with 0 hours (make some money up on the back end as my future theoretical trade is worth more)
-add some options I wish I had on my 2012 (Sirius, low profile trailer, hot shower)
-avoid the possibility of having a hard time selling lest the 2012's be seen as a lemon year

So I still have to write a check but considering all of the above worth it IMO.

The above sounds very familler. I went through that last year and ended up upgrading to new model year with a lot of support from my dealer. At the time it was a no brainer as well.

Fast forward to this year, I guess I was spooked from the experiences I had with my 2012 and decided to throw in the towel with repsect to electronics/technology. By going backwards I have a boat that is more user frendly (upgrading ballast, less systems) and walked away with a large cheque I figured if the VDIG ever crapped out, I would replace the instrument with a Zero Off unit. For my boat all the vdig monitors is Perfect Pass, Ballast and temp (Air&Water) and the other engine stuff. (I dont have tabs or wake plate) Much simpler than BIG and I can completly do with out if needed.

If you guys are getting good trad in value for your 2012, then its a good move. No different than people who upgrade their car/truck every year

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4