MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 x14v
Their used and new listings are scarce.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
Seems to me its time for Politician Control ?

The tail is wagging the dog.

68% polled Do not think gun control is the answer.

Why are we letting the talking heads TELL us what THEY think is good for us ??
Because the media is owned by one of 5 to 7 companies and banks. Those 5 to 7 companies and banks own Washington and run the country. To make it easier to run the country it is better to have unarmed citizens so you can do what you want, therefore they are telling us this is better.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Because the media is owned by one of 5 to 7 companies and banks. Those 5 to 7 companies and banks own Washington and run the country. To make it easier to run the country it is better to have unarmed citizens so you can do what you want, therefore they are telling us this is better.
The only thing that works better than not allowing people to be educated is to educate them badly. Score one for those who want to lead people around by the nose. I think they see us as pets.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
MC Addict

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/larosa7.1.1.html

Old 01-11-2013, 01:39 PM
MC Addict

Anybody have an opinion of a S&W M&P 9mm or a Glock 17 9mm? I've done a little research, but am curious of the opinions on here from those who have shot both of them.

I guess I should clarify, this isn't a gun necessarily for cc, but rather home defense.

Last edited by captain planet; 01-11-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Anybody have an opinion of a S&W M&P 9mm or a Glock 17 9mm? I've done a little research, but am curious of the opinions on here from those who have shot both of them.

I guess I should clarify, this isn't a gun necessarily for cc, but rather home defense.
I ordered an M&P 9mm- it fits my hand really well. I have only read a couple of bad comments and apparently, those people expected the gun to shoot straight all by itself. Both got great marks from most reviewers but there's always someone who doesn't like one thing or another, as you know.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:

As Jim stated above, very comparable guns. Shot both when I purchased my S&W9, both handled similarly. Grips are interchangeable (if I recall the Glock is interchangeable), 17rd magazine, etc. May just come down to feel in the hand, preference on looks, preference on brand name. And you're pretty accurate on the "not necessarily for cc" comment. Would probably feel like an anchor on your side if you're not used to carrying.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500 MC View Post
As Jim stated above, very comparable guns. Shot both when I purchased my S&W9, both handled similarly. Grips are interchangeable (if I recall the Glock is interchangeable), 17rd magazine, etc. May just come down to feel in the hand, preference on looks, preference on brand name. And you're pretty accurate on the "not necessarily for cc" comment. Would probably feel like an anchor on your side if you're not used to carrying.
I haven't seen interchangeable grips on the Glock, although some use abrasive tape for a better grip, rather than just the plastic. The M&P comes with Sm, Med and Large- very easy to change, too.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
I think some of the gen 4 glocks have interchangeable back straps on the grips.. I could be wrong though

Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X-25 with the awesome 6.2
Fired a S&W M&P yesterday - very nice - point, shoot and hit what I was aiming at. That being said - I am not a fan of Glocks.

2013 X-25 - Love it!
2007 X-15 - Sadly no longer mine