Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Parts & Accessories

Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinGA View Post
Looks similar to the Nautique push button start- combination code I guess?
Nope, no code to enter. There is a system-enable/disable cut-off switch that you mount under the dash. When enabled the push button start is active, when disabled, no one can power on or start the boat. Here is a diagram of the system:

Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Maristar 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
But you don't attach keys to them, do you?
I suppose a nipple ring can double as a key ring in a pinch!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr6coug View Post
Nope, no code to enter. There is a system-enable/disable cut-off switch that you mount under the dash. When enabled the push button start is active, when disabled, no one can power on or start the boat. Here is a diagram of the system:

I think he meant on the 93 SS boat being similar to the Nautique.

I like the push button and would like to get one, especially at that price. However, I have two children's birthdays coming up that take precedence over me.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
PRAM

No problem. I can remove the "ACC" position so you would go from OFF >> ON >> OFF. Still a long press to start and a momentary press to kill the engine.
Can you program the hold time on the start? How long do you have press hold programmed as default start?

So default operation is one press ACC, second longer press is start, quick press is off?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Can you program the hold time on the start? How long do you have press hold programmed as default start?

So default operation is one press ACC, second longer press is start, quick press is off?
Good question!

Also, what happens if the boat does not start on the initial button push. Do you have to cycle around again through OFF-ACC- START to try to start the boat for a second time?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Good question!

Also, what happens if the boat does not start on the initial button push. Do you have to cycle around again through OFF-ACC- START to try to start the boat for a second time?
Likewise, if it is running and you do the quick press off I assume it goes to off and you have to press again to go back to ACC??
Old 01-09-2013, 07:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:

To start, you hold the button down for 1.2 seconds before it cranks. This is short enough to start quickly but long enough to not start if you accidentally push the button. I can reduce as far as 0.5 sec or increase it to whatever you would want.

The starter will crank as long as you hold the button just like a key would.

It operates like this:

short button presses cycle through the key positions:
OFF > ACC > ON > OFF

From any of those positions, a long press will START and when you release it goes to ON. A momentary button push kills the engine and it goes to ACC. That way when you kill the engine your radio does not cut-out. At that point you are back in the OFF>ACC>ON cycle and a long press will re-start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Good question!

If it does not start when you crank it, then when you release the button it goes back to ON. At that point, you have to cycle it to OFF or ACC before you can restart. This was necessary to prevent you from being able to crank the engine if its already running.

I took a video last summer. I'll Youtube it and post a link.

Last edited by tr6coug; 01-09-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Definitely on the to do list! I need to start ordering parts.. Spring will be here before I get done if I don't!

Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
To start, you hold the button down for 1.2 seconds before it cranks. This is short enough to start quickly but long enough to not start if you accidentally push the button. I can reduce as far as 0.5 sec or increase it to whatever you would want.

The starter will crank as long as you hold the button just like a key would.

It operates like this:

short button presses cycle through the key positions:
OFF > ACC > ON > OFF

From any of those positions, a long press will START and when you release it goes to ON. A momentary button push kills the engine and it goes to ACC. That way when you kill the engine your radio does not cut-out. At that point you are back in the OFF>ACC>ON cycle and a long press will re-start.

If it does not start when you crank it, then when you release the button it goes back to ON. At that point, you have to cycle it to OFF or ACC before you can restart. This was necessary to prevent you from being able to crank the engine if its already running.

I took a video last summer. I'll Youtube it and post a link.
So in the off position you can just press and hold for the 1.2 and it will start bypassing the ACC? That is a very cool feature!!!

The double start engagement prevention is a great feature too. It shows you put some real thought into the programming.

I'm really liking this upgrade now.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Likewise, if it is running and you do the quick press off I assume it goes to off and you have to press again to go back to ACC??
A quick press from running goes to ACC. I did this to keep the radio going when you kill the engine.