Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Pulled it out of the garage, hooked up the water and fired it up. Let it run for about fifteen minutes, shut it off and put it to bed again. Runs great!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 and 1998 Baha Cruiser Mach 1 290
Has some time to take up one side of the carpet on passenger side and noticed there was a repair that needed to be fixed.. Pulled out bad spot put some wood fillers and applied several layers of glass. Not sure if I should fill complete with fiberglass or just until solid then cover with some evercoat formula 27 for a smoother finish? Any ideas on this? Not sure how much it matters because its right under passenger seat and will be covered with carpet. Got the carpet in today but will wiat to install until all the mess stuff is done. Cleaned alot of crud out from here there and everywhere..Replaced all the wood on the side panels but just put the old vinyl back on so it looks the same just is stronger and will hold a screw.. Replaced the wood on the panel in the walk way need another top coat or two of more glass to finish it off.. Gonna be busy for awhile. Any one want to buy a boat ha ha
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Working on replacing a vcg on my PCM 351. You know, if I had 1/2 inch more space between the riser and the valve cover the job would be much easier lol. I've got it ready to go back in but I'm going to apply a small amount of spray adhesive to the gasket so it will stay in place long enough for me to get those two bastard bolts in before it moves. Lol.

edit: well I used my extra long needle nose pliers (they are about 15 inches long -- I originally bought them to install a clip deep down in my convertible's top folding mechanism) to insert the bolt down the length of the valve cover (between it and the riser -- you guys know which bolt I mean lol). Got the bolt into the hole. Then I used my socket with a short length of fuel injection hose inserted into it to thread the bolt. After that I had to buy a 1/4 universal joint (didn't own one yet lol) to torque it down properly. It's done now -- only thing left is to take the boat out and see if the leak is fixed!

Last edited by strad; 01-09-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
I have been off on winter break for three weeks... This was not all done today, but throughout the time. Just got time to throw up some pics tonight.

1) pulled off platform and compounded the transom because it was oxidized. Still not perfect, but much better.

2) pulled up floor panel to grease and clean stearing cable and cleaned bilge while in there.

3) went to clean up motor area a bit and decided to pull the pulleys and pain them with high gloss engine enamel.

4) cleaned and began applying coats of teak oil to platform. At 4 coats, would like to throw on a few more before spring.

All in all a lot of little things got accomplished over the break. Almost ready for spring.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
Couple More.... I also ran a polishing compound over the whole boat... Turned out nice and Shiny...
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
I have been getting our boat ready for holidays up the Murray River this week. Finished polishing the tower, fitted the old bimini that came with our boat (needs a few canvas alterations yet), new trailer guide covers, greased the rudder, oil and filter, reattached alternator earth, bit of a buff up, guy working for me repacked the wheel bearings, new rego stickers from domed numbers,even wiped out the bilge. Rego numbers look huge but unfortunately they need to be 6" over here to be legal. In hindsight would have taken the chance with five inch letters/numbers and maybe a little thinner on the font. Bought the guide covers from the States and didn't realise they were 2-2.5" so cut some 2" hard poly and spaced the guides up in size.
Attached Images

Last edited by petermegan; 01-12-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
I put about 3 hours on it today! Jan 12 and wakeboarding!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermegan View Post
I have been getting our boat ready for holidays up the Murray River this week. Finished polishing the tower, fitted the old bimini that came with our boat (needs a few canvas alterations yet), new trailer guide covers, greased the rudder, oil and filter, reattached alternator earth, bit of a buff up, guy working for me repacked the wheel bearings, new rego stickers from domed numbers,even wiped out the bilge. Rego numbers look huge but unfortunately they need to be 6" over here to be legal. In hindsight would have taken the chance with five inch letters/numbers and maybe a little thinner on the font. Bought the guide covers from the States and didn't realise they were 2-2.5" so cut some 2" hard poly and spaced the guides up in size.
Looks great Peter...I like the bimini in its current layout.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Matercraft Prostar 190, LTR330,powerslot,PP,heater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Looks great Peter...I like the bimini in its current layout.
Thanks Chuck, It is a bit like me, the farther away you get the better it looks
Tower really needs to be re anodised to come up properly but it will do for our holiday. My kids are 8 and 10 and fried last year without the bimini. My Barefoot International boom won't turn up for another 2 weeks which is a bit of a bummer.Have Fun
Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermegan View Post
Thanks Chuck, It is a bit like me, the farther away you get the better it looks
Tower really needs to be re anodised to come up properly but it will do for our holiday. My kids are 8 and 10 and fried last year without the bimini. My Barefoot International boom won't turn up for another 2 weeks which is a bit of a bummer.Have Fun
Our 1st year with the "new" boat, threads on the bimini started to come apart in a couple areas. We had to send it back and it took about 4 weeks to repair and return under warranty. In our area it is hot as well with 100+ F temps, many times at or above 110 in August. To do over again I would send to a local shop and foot the bill before going without the bimini again during the dead of summer. I was ok with it (I've been called a desert rat before), but my wife will never let that one go.