Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Does DD mean "Darnell Dockett" or "Douche of the Day"?

bet someone is changing their number today
Attached Images

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Is there room in your rant for two "powerhouse sec teams" lsu getting beat by Clemson or florida getting beat by Louisville? Just sayin'.
Can't win them all! But when we do win...we win Big...and when we drink beer we drink Dos Equis!....
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Can we get the face-mask call for Yeldon?

Even if ND would have gotten the pass and the fumble calls it doesn't mean they would have scored. Moreover, they were getting beat at the line and the secondary all night long.

I've heard of Monday morning quarter backs but it's Tuesday!!
They recoverd the ball at the 28yd line. Pretty sure with Brindza kicking, he was 8-11 from 30-39 this year, it would've been 7-3.

Futher more, 7-3 is a heck of a lot different than 14-0, of the confidence of both teams. Having spent a lot of time on the gridiron myself, I can tell you that the mood swings decidely upward on the sideline after replying with a score after letting the opposition score a TD on their opening drive. Once they were down 14-0, I'm quite sure there was a lot of self doubt that crept in.

BTW, I am not an Irish fan, so my opinion is not biased.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tideengineer View Post
I swear....if if if if...too bad too bad too bad...officials blah blah...that is the Notre Dame way....a team that has been mediocre for the last 20 years but still play with a sense of entitlement...how about they overcome some true adversity?...I hate excuses and Notre Dame has none...they were totally outmatched and Alabama played like a brutal machine....Mr. Teo had to play big boy football for the first time all year last night and he got curb stomped by the Tide. ND's awesome run defense....how about +250 yards on the ground and over 500 total? Ever seen a 240 lb running back run over 3 people then do two perfect spin moves to get in the endzone? The better team dominated tonight and noone can take that away. I swear, people can argue that Notre Dame had officials help them to get to the Big Dance...but I won't say that because championships shouldn't come down to one play with officials...they were not SEC officials either. My rant will end with the fact that the SEC's Ole Miss (6-6) destroyed a Pitt team ND barely beat...

I am done with my rant now...sorry....hugs all around. I am aggitated because I have nothing to root for again until next fall.

Now there's a biased post. Was there interference on the punt?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Is there room in your rant for two "powerhouse sec teams" lsu getting beat by Clemson or florida getting beat by Louisville? Just sayin'.
Exactly CP.... that arguement is rubbish.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Exactly CP.... that arguement is rubbish.
"Just like that, an SEC team won a BCS National Championship for the seventh season in a row."
Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Aren't they the ONLY two SEC teams to lose bowl games? How'd YOUR conference do?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Now there's a biased post. Was there interference on the punt?
maybe biased a little......those fine Pac10 officials said there was and that's what they called...but Notre Dame had calls go their way this year, i.e. see Stanford replay. Instead of whining, the almighty awesome ND defense should have put the halt on the march down the field....it was only 7-0.

As far as the SEC dominance comment...I guess there's a conspirancy that the SEC has won 7 titles in a row...plus have had the longest standing conference championship game to go along with its schedule...FL, LSU, FL, Bama, Auburn, Bama, Bama...

If you can show me any phase of that game where Notre Dame was competitive, I will concede about momemtum and blah blah blah. The fact of the matter is that on the opening drive the Tide marched 82 yards like it was a practice scrimmage and walked over Mr. Teo (second in Heisman voting). The longest drive against Notre Dame's defense in the regular season was 75 yards. Alabama had drives of 82, 80, 97 and 86 yards. All of that is fact, not biased.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:05 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
Aren't they the ONLY two SEC teams to lose bowl games? How'd YOUR conference do?
No, lowly Northwestern who hasn't won a bowl game in something like 50 years beat Mississippi State.

I only pointed out lsu and florida because they are two of the sec perennial 'power' teams, yet they got beat by 'inferior' opponents.....especially florida. Wow, what an embarrassment that was. I haven't elaborated on it because I don't want to rub it in to Tricky but that is a black eye on the 'ever powerful' sec.

As for the Big t-four-ten, 2-4 and a complete disgrace. The only argument for that is the two best teams were not playing this bowl season so the entire placing of Big t-four-ten teams was shifted with the matchups being lopsided. Make no mistake, the Big t-four-ten is not doing well and I'l be the first to admit it. Next year when THE Ohio State can play it will be different.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
C'mon now, SEC combined was 5-5 in bowl games this year.