Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmoose View Post
I'm pretty sure they are more concerned with your check clearing....you having fun with your boat comes a very distant 2nd!
Folks, we have a winner.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:03 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
You guys have this all wrong.

I have lots of surfer friends. They surf and it drives me crazy. They go surf and I go to the island park and chase tale while having a beer. I don't hate surfers, I hate their wake.

Guys, be honest with yourselves. The generation now of boaters surf because it is easy. They learn to surf and that is it. Why? Because wakeboarding or 3 event is too hard. So they take the path of least resistance and choose the easiest way out.
I don't particulary care much for surfing either. But look at it this way. I (used to) go out a lot of days with a boat full of people that had never tried any tow sport. (I have others that I go out with just to ski) Nor did or would they have much opportunity to in the future. From litle kids to parents, I could pretty much get them all surfing. If I had to try to teach them to get up on a board or ski's it would ruin my day with all the frustration.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM
TT Regular

Boat: currently looking
I think wakesurfing is kind of cool, but I will admit ive never tried it.

As far as saying it requires no skill, well the same can be said for water skiing and wakeboarding and skiing and snowboarding......if all you are doing is just cruising behind the boat.

Nothing in its conception is ever good. Its the evolution of sport that will make it awesome one day. It just needs time
Old 02-20-2014, 09:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: NOTHING right now! FREAKING OUT!
I'm down with kyles rant and what he feels about the "sport" of wake surfing, but here is my take on it; I wake surf for a completely different reason. See, like most of you guys on this board, I have this "thing" that happens to me mentally when I get up on a slalom or a wakeboard. It's like a 12 year old demon possesses my every action and I end up doing things a 54 year old should never do. I'll try and do anything and probably should not be at this age, but there is just no reasoning with that 12 year old...I'm a victim just along for the ride until I break, pull, fracture, cut, bruise or turn something. Wake surfing allows me to just go and ride and the 12 year old demon stays in the boat.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:33 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X30
How about this video from TransWorld using a new MasterCraft with Gen 2........
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153858025125022