Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2013, 03:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing View Post
Middle linebacker, is that a common couch potato? 4th try? Man I thought it was so easy, shouldn't it have been a one and done?

What place, what contest?

It's kind of pathetic to see this outlash. It feels just like when wakeboarding got dogged by skiers a decade ago. A few questions to those that feel so passionate to speak out against wakesurfing. What do you do when the waterway is blown out, too blown out for skiing or boarding? What do you do when someone has tried over and over to get up on a wakeboard, and they just can't get it; or aren't comfortable with it? What do you do after taking one to many headers on a wakeboard during a weekend, and you just want to do something with lower impact? Do you just pack up the boat and go home, because it's skiing, wakeboarding, or nothing?

Sad...
Our lake is rarely blown out! Couch pototoes can stay home.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM

Boat: 06 X30
So much foaming at the mouth. I love it!!

It's like listen to bunch of teenage girls or my brothers kids.

BTW: I wouldn't call what your friend is doing wake surfing. But hey, at least he has a smile on his face which more then I can say for a lot of you guys!!!

Last edited by CantRepeat; 01-05-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Middle linebacker, is that a common couch potato? 4th try? Man I thought it was so easy, shouldn't it have been a one and done?

It's kind of pathetic to see this outlash. It feels just like when wakeboarding got dogged by skiers a decade ago. A few questions to those that feel so passionate to speak out against wakesurfing. What do you do when the waterway is blown out, too blown out for skiing or boarding? What do you do when someone has tried over and over to get up on a wakeboard, and they just can't get it; or aren't comfortable with it? What do you do after taking one to many headers on a wakeboard during a weekend, and you just want to do something with lower impact? Do you just pack up the boat and go home, because it's skiing, wakeboarding, or nothing?

Sad...
well he had never been on a boat until mine... and hes large. so id call him a pretty common couch potato.

it was the barrel boss comp in austin TX. not sure of the placing, as they only did top 3. the shred stixx pro riders took the top 3 spots. Its easy. stop making yourself feel better about doing it. your boat, your gas and your money.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodltg2 View Post
Our lake is rarely blown out! Couch pototoes can stay home.
If only we were all that lucky...
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
well he had never been on a boat until mine... and hes large. so id call him a pretty common couch potato.

it was the barrel boss comp in austin TX. not sure of the placing, as they only did top 3. the shred stixx pro riders took the top 3 spots. Its easy. stop making yourself feel better about doing it. your boat, your gas and your money.
I'm not making myself feel like anything. Nice way to dodge the questions I asked though...

Didn't place in that competition? Come on, it's easy, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post

BTW: I wouldn't call what your friend is doing wake surfing. But hey, at least he has a smile on his face which more then I can say for a lot of you guys!!!
Bingo

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 01-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Cant believe some of you think that because your in your forties, skiing and wakeboarding is tough on your aching bodies. I think you guys are just lazy!

The owner of the lake I ski at is 82 and still competes in trick and slalom. He said he would even jump if there was a ramp at the lake!

I tried wakesurfing a few times. Its boring, almost as fun as watching paint dry.
Kyle and The Rat - 45 years from now?
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
I'm not mad, I just dont get the excitement of it. Knock yourself out wakesurf all you want! It doesn't bother me any. I'll grab a 12pak and watch .
Old 01-05-2013, 04:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Cant believe some of you think that because your in your forties, skiing and wakeboarding is tough on your aching bodies. I think you guys are just lazy!

The owner of the lake I ski at is 82 and still competes in trick and slalom. He said he would even jump if there was a ramp at the lake!

I tried wakesurfing a few times. Its boring, almost as fun as watching paint dry.
That's my goal, going strong in the 80's .....no wake surfing though
Old 01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
well to answer your questions, i usually just cruise around and listen to music. I would much rather do that then mess up the water even more, or feed the tubers on my lake some waves to jump. if its too blown out, i leave the boat in the lift and wait for the wind to go away. When i take a nasty spill wakeboarding, I just stick to driving or crusing around.

I used to be an avid surfer so I'm not just bashing the sport. i could do air's, and three's all day.. but not near as fun as doing back rolls and huge airs on a wakeboard. I consider myself pretty good at teaching people how to board, so I never really resort to surfing to teach them. Its a completely different because of the boots vs no boots etc. Does that complete your interrogation?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:

Sad...
If it is blown out in the slalom course then we look for a smooth spot elsewhere on the lake and skyski or wakeboard.

If I have a rider that can't learn skiing or boarding? Well I have a boom and I have NEVER not been able to get a brand new rider up and going. I also participate with Kristy Overton Johnson with In His Wakes. We get 50 kids that have never been on a boat skiing in one day. That being said I feel I could coach anyone. I also bring a boom to teach the super uncoordinated. After the boom they get kicked to long line. The boom also eliminates the uncomfortable part.

The part about taking too many diggers and wanting low impact part......Sir, it's called grab your nuts and man up. If you want to be great then you keep practicing and not complain about it. It's called shut up and ski. I've skied through 4 fractured Veryabrey in my back, 3 ruptured discs in my neck, 3 costocolandal separations, rotator cuff tears, mcl tear, and 7 concussions. Do you seriously think I would be a quitter because I took a crash.......Hell No. It's called man up.

You also need to get out of your narrow mind that skiers and wakeboarders only ski on glass water. Do you think ski tournaments are canceled because the wind decided to blow the day of the tournament? No you ski through the blown out water and sure don't B|TCH about it. It sucks for all participants so shut up and ski.

So to answer your final question about packing up and going home? No we are not quitters or choose the easy way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....