Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2013, 10:45 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
Why not just buy an X-series?. Little difference between that and the old maristar series anyway since you want a tower.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Only real difference, after the tower, is the built in ballast.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskonn View Post
...you would be looking at a bay liner or Cobalt of some sort.
that covers both ends of the I/O spectrum.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth. Only real difference, after the tower, is the built in ballast.
At one point some electronics were standard on the X series and optional on the maristar/ prostar but afaik they all would be
the same today. (Not real up to speed on the newest electronics)

I know almost everyone wishes the electronics were optional these days.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
I thought one of the other differences was the trim on the interior dash, glove box and wheel (maybe other areas too) - had that fake wood grain which I really disliked.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
I thought one of the other differences was the trim on the interior dash, glove box and wheel (maybe other areas too) - had that fake wood grain which I really disliked.
Yes, a lot of little things which added up to not much IMO. I was talking major (again IMO) differences.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 Maristar 210, Red, MCX
I have to say that after being at a major boat show over the past weekend that I'm dissappointed in the direction of MC. The Maristar lineup was centered around family and class. I would have considered it to be the Cadillac of the watersports boats. But the newest lineup of MC boats are ridiculous and gaudy. I felt like the boats were screaming at me. Too much stuff for too little purpose. I see very little in the way of clean and classic taste. I know that the market is leaning to the extreme sports demographic, but you have to give choice to family. And not every family is looking for $20K of unnecessary crap that has the potential of malfunctioning and breaking at a moments notice. What ever happen to having a solid, reliable boat that you would have been proud to hand down to the next generation? Now every boat has a "wrap", tower or a ballast. Sorry, but MC has lost me. I'm proud of my '05 Maristar and I love the fact that it still has style and class without being loud, obnoxious and insufferable.

Someone from MC needs to take a walk over to the Colbalt or Chris Craft display. These are the only boats that still understand form and function combined with class and style. These boats look stylish without being over the top and probably retain their value far better than what MC, CC, or MB does these days. Don't even get me started on CC, because that was just down right bad IMO.

Call me old fashioned, but I come from a day where MC, Ski Supreme, CC, and American Skier set the standard for what water sports boats should be... Reliable, competitive, durable, stylish and legendary. Now, we feel the need to be everything but that... Obnoxious, loud, distasteful, and deplorable. You can have your Xwhatever for all I care. I love my Maristar and covet my Dad's '84 American Skier. I'm sad to see MC make such a poor marketing choice by eliminating the Maristar/V line up. Even if it just was a stripped down X/whatever. It still had class and styling and would be passed down to the next generation.

Maybe today's Xstar funky wraps, colors and graphics will be retro and cool in 30 years. Just like the Centurion "Tru trac II" will be retro never.

Last edited by Smitty; 01-15-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 Maristar 210, Red, MCX
Maristar Class
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I have to say that after being at a major boat show over the past weekend that I'm dissappointed in the direction of MC. The Maristar lineup was centered around family and class. I would have considered it to be the Cadillac of the watersports boats. But the newest lineup of MC boats are ridiculous and gaudy. I felt like the boats were screaming at me. Too much stuff for too little purpose. I see very little in the way of clean and classic taste. I know that the market is leaning to the extreme sports demographic, but you have to give choice to family. And not every family is looking for $20K of unnecessary crap that has the potential of malfunctioning and breaking at a moments notice. What ever happen to having a solid, reliable boat that you would have been proud to hand down to the next generation? Now every boat has a "wrap", tower or a ballast. Sorry, but MC has lost me. I'm proud of my '05 Maristar and I love the fact that it still has style and class without being loud, obnoxious and insufferable.

Someone from MC needs to take a walk over to the Colbalt or Chris Craft display. These are the only boats that still understand form and function combined with class and style. These boats look stylish without being over the top and probably retain their value far better than what MC, CC, or MB does these days. Don't even get me started on CC, because that was just down right bad IMO.

Call me old fashioned, but I come from a day where MC, Ski Supreme, CC, and American Skier set the standard for what water sports boats should be... Reliable, competitive, durable, stylish and legendary. Now, we feel the need to be everything but that... Obnoxious, loud, distasteful, and deplorable. You can have your Xwhatever for all I care. I love my Maristar and covet my Dad's '84 American Skier. I'm sad to see MC make such a poor marketing choice by eliminating the Maristar/V line up. Even if it just was a stripped down X/whatever. It still had class and styling and would be passed down to the next generation.

Maybe today's Xstar funky wraps, colors and graphics will be retro and cool in 30 years. Just like the Centurion "Tru trac II" will be retro never.
You do know that you don't have to order all the options with a new boat, right?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
Right on Smitty. I also agree with what you are saying.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
I have to agree with you smitty. I thought the cheesy graphics on the xstars were a small step in the wrong direction but the new mc boats are going way out there. It reminds me of the 80"s when neon was screaming at your eyes from every direction. Give me simple style and class any day. I wont be able to sell my pimped out graphics boat 10 years from now to anyone not tripping on lsd.