Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 86 19' skier 351 PCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
I had read about guys doing this and really never had a need before now but will be doing this soon. I planned to create slit the schedule 80 enough to slide over the cutting edge and then attach some nuts to it so that I can thread a bolt in against the cutting edge to hold it in place and make it easily removable once I am done with my drive.
We will see how it works!
I just welded a tab on the end of the slotted pipe and thru bolt it. I put it on five years ago and it works so well I havn't taken it off.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2013, 03:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Thanks for the pic, that is exactly what I was thinking although I will have to do a little additional engineering due to the V plow configuration choices. I was thinking of making 2 seperate pieces and welding a nut on the the face of the end of each piece so I could simply tighten a bolt against the cutting edge and allow the pressure of that to hold it in place. I will take a pic after I do it, just need to buy the pipe first.
Thanks again for the pic.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
MC Devotee

Byronic..I see your sig says Grand Marias, we sled up that way out of Newberry a couple of times a year and eat at the brew pub there facing the water. How are the trail conditions us there?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Byronic..I see your sig says Grand Marias, we sled up that way out of Newberry a couple of times a year and eat at the brew pub there facing the water. How are the trail conditions us there?
A little thin especialy in wind blown areas and corners. More snow forecast every day. Have only had one good storm so far. As you face the water my place is the big white boathouse on the left, next to twp. marina. You can see it in pic. from last Holloween.Probably looks a little different to you without snow.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2013, 08:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Have eaten in that place many times.....headed to munising weekend after next to sled for four days. Typically make the run to Grand Marais on Friday or Monday. Used to stay in Chatham until 3 or 4 years ago...been renting cabins from Schram's since.....staying down by the Buckhorn this year. Been sledding up there for 15 years...great place!!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Have eaten in that place many times.....headed to munising weekend after next to sled for four days. Typically make the run to Grand Marais on Friday or Monday. Used to stay in Chatham until 3 or 4 years ago...been renting cabins from Schram's since.....staying down by the Buckhorn this year. Been sledding up there for 15 years...great place!!

I hope it snows everyday for you. Stop up next summer and we'll go for a pull.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:38 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronic View Post
A little thin especialy in wind blown areas and corners. More snow forecast every day. Have only had one good storm so far. As you face the water my place is the big white boathouse on the left, next to twp. marina. You can see it in pic. from last Holloween.Probably looks a little different to you without snow.
That looks familiar but like you said, a lot different without the snow. Typically we eat at the pub, then fuel up across the street before heading off to Paradise or back towards Newberry.
That is a beautiful area and we are hoping to be up there in late January/early February.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:39 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post

The Buckhorn...the one in Trout Lake or a different one. We stayed there a few years ago and had some good riding from there up to The Soo.
Have fun.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 AM
MC Devotee

OK....Construction Update: After all of my misadventures in plowing my own drive, I returned to the scene yesterday to clear the path for the framers to begin today. So, I should have some new pics late today or tomorrow. They are saying that the shell will be up in roughly 2 weeks and the weather certainly looks to be cooperating, so we will see.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Quote:
OK....Construction Update: After all of my misadventures in plowing my own drive, I returned to the scene yesterday to clear the path for the framers to begin today. So, I should have some new pics late today or tomorrow. They are saying that the shell will be up in roughly 2 weeks and the weather certainly looks to be cooperating, so we will see.
If the weather holds out you will be in great shape. My framers worked 6 days of the 16 calendar days since they started due to rain/ mud/ holiday/ weekend/ rain/ snow/ holiday. If the weather holds out you will be golden.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.