Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 12-30-2012, 08:59 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2011, Indmar 5.7L RTP
Clarion Remote Control Connection Issue

I am trying to connect a stereo RF remote control to the source unit stereo. The Clarion CMD6 source unit contains an 8-pin mini DIN female connection. The MF1 Clarion RF remote control contains an 8-pin DIN male plug connection. The issue is the mini DIN female connection is in a slightly different configuration than the DIN male plug.

Has anyone encountered this situation before? Is there a conversion cable or plug to go from a mini DIN to a regular DIN configuration?

The first photo shows the mini DIN female connection. The second photo shows the remote control DIN male plug.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
You stumped me on this one. I am 99% sure my CMD6 head unit does not have a female mini DIN. My boat did not come with a CMD6 stock but I can't imagine why that would make a difference. I have installed the latest wired and the MF1 remotes. By far be MF1 is the coolest gadget. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Could it be the Sirius Radio connector?

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBl.../CMD6_INST.pdf

Edit...I'm about 95% certain that female connector is for the Sirius radio. You need to buy a Y cable for the clarion remote to split off the existing wired remote cable and to add the extra connection for the wireless RF remote.

Last edited by KahunaCraft; 12-31-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Do you have an existing remote plugged into the back of the head unit? If so this is the connector that you'll use for the installation. As stated above you'll need to purchase a "Y" connector that will plug into the head unit. This is the part number you should need.....

CLARION MW-RYC-RET MARINE REMOTE CONTROL Y-CABLE

Make sure you get this one. It has 8 pins for the newer head units and can be had most places on line for about $30.There are cheaper ones listed on the Internet but some are knock offs and others are the older 6 pin versions from the older radios.

You'll need to attach the "Y" cable directly to the radio then the extension cable for the remote and the MF1 into the Y. Without a picture of the back of the unit it's difficult to tell the location of the connector but as stated above I believe it will either be the Sirius or Bluetooth adapter connection.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:56 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2011, Indmar 5.7L RTP
On closer examination, I believe the existing plug I show above is the Sirius connection. Thanks for pointing this out. The existing remote is connected through the standard DIN connector. I will purchase the Y-connector so I can connect both the existing remote and the MF1 remote. I appreciate everyone's help.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:32 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: X2
Issue with functioning MF1

Hi,

I want to install a MF1 in my MC X2 2013. As I don't have yet a y-cable I removed the build-in remote control from the DIN cable and connected the MF1 to this DIN cable. But the MF1 is not functioning at all.

I also tried to reprogram this MF1 by putting 12v to the orange cable and then press a button on the remote control but this does not solve the issue.

Can it be that I need to reconnect my build-in remote control, add a y-cable and connect the MF1 to this before it will function? So I wonder if the MF1 can function directly connected to the CMD6 without any other remote control connected.

Thanks for the feedback.
Rudi.