Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 ProStar 200, 1991 Mercury 2.5L 200hp XRi Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Yes, it will. Promise.

You hit the nail right on the head and that's perfect advice - she can buy the helmet...

We live in a world that is too sissyfied... Who wore a helmet to ride a bicycle when we were kids.... Um... Noone...
Amen to that. No helmets and didn't use hand sanitizer. Sure seems we didn't get sick as kids anywhere near as much as the kids of today.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft Xstar
My wife and I have an agreement that I'll buy my own XMAS presents, wrap them and she can be surprised when I open my gifts on Christmas morning. It works our pretty well for me. This year I'm upgrading the ballast system on my 02 Xstar.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Yes, it will. Promise.

You hit the nail right on the head and that's perfect advice - she can buy the helmet...

We live in a world that is too sissyfied... Who wore a helmet to ride a bicycle when we were kids.... Um... Noone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbeamlb View Post
Amen to that. No helmets and didn't use hand sanitizer. Sure seems we didn't get sick as kids anywhere near as much as the kids of today.
There is a kid in our Boy Scout troop that earlier this year was riding a bike with a helmet but unstrapped. He was hit by a car and sent flying (helmet flew off) resulting in quite a bit of trauma to his head. He has recovered quite a bit but he will live the rest of his life with some degree of brain damage. Right now he has to go to an alternate school because it takes him far longer than other students at most learning tasks. The helmet strapped on would have been a very good idea. Something tells me he regrets not strapping on that helmet; I know his Mother does.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
There is a kid in our Boy Scout troop that earlier this year was riding a bike with a helmet but unstrapped. He was hit by a car and sent flying (helmet flew off) resulting in quite a bit of trauma to his head. He has recovered quite a bit but he will live the rest of his life with some degree of brain damage. Right now he has to go to an alternate school because it takes him far longer than other students at most learning tasks. The helmet strapped on would have been a very good idea. Something tells me he regrets not strapping on that helmet; I know his Mother does.
Had a very dear friend suffer a 4 wheeler accident recently(15-20mph). She was in ICU through Christmas.
broken upper arm 2 places, fractured eye socket, cracked skull, lacerations, concussion, memory loss, stitches, extreme hip pain.

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine