Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Check on this one? Not too far, good dealer, local to me if you need someone to look.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51693
Old 12-29-2012, 09:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
Check on this one? Not too far, good dealer, local to me if you need someone to look.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51693
Yeah I talked to Jason, great guy sounds like a great dealer but as I don't live on a lake a solid trailer is important to me and this one is damaged. Albeit just cosmetic if I'm paying $16k for a boat I expect the trailer to be damn near perfect. It also doesn't have a tower, so adding the cost of a tower + trailer fix I'd be better off getting something in another state that is in excellent shape and paying shipping.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
[quote=blakekrone;898537]I'm looking to get our first MasterCraft, I have it narrowed down to 96+ 205 preferred, would entertain other options as well such as a 190 but really leaning towards open bow for cruising. Main uses would be wakeboarding, barefoot, and non-competition skiing. Looking to stay under $16k.

Thanks![/QUOTE

If your patient and keep on top of the guys on his board with all their knowledge and leads you will find yourself in a sweet,unmolested 205 MasterCraft. Trust me, I've been here a short time but I've seen it go down more then once! BTW, I'm on Long Island so I don't have any leads for you
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
[quote=Bouyhead;898671]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakekrone View Post
I'm looking to get our first MasterCraft, I have it narrowed down to 96+ 205 preferred, would entertain other options as well such as a 190 but really leaning towards open bow for cruising. Main uses would be wakeboarding, barefoot, and non-competition skiing. Looking to stay under $16k.

Thanks![/QUOTE

If your patient and keep on top of the guys on his board with all their knowledge and leads you will find yourself in a sweet,unmolested 205 MasterCraft. Trust me, I've been here a short time but I've seen it go down more then once! BTW, I'm on Long Island so I don't have any leads for you
^^+1 - I waited and was patient... pulled trigger when it was right and found my pristine '95 205. You'll know when it's right. Going into my 4th season with mine...
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Well patience is definitely the name of the game. Although for me, mine kind of fell in my lap. I was just doing as I normally do and looking on Craigslist and came across one at the end of this past summer. To be honest I had not even considered a MC bc I used to work for Correct Craft, building their boats. The only reason I even started considering them was bc I rode behind a friend's and saw what a great boat, even the older ones can be. These boats really hold their value well, and the right one will come along. I will continue to keep my ear to the ground as I'm sure many others here will as well. Good luck with the search!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:48 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
^^^^^ ahhhhh, now your name makes sense!

I was also looking at CC SNOBs but the ski wakes had less favorable reviews. Even looked at the 206. Love my MC and the value has held steady for a number of years now. I paid $13k for mine 3 or 4 years ago with 200 hrs. I'm sure I can still sell mine for at least $13k.

1994 205, LT1
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Tulsa owner won't send HID via email, only phone due to scammer issues lately, heh. I might entertain it and see what he says. So far the 96 in Sonora is the best I've found and hopefully that will still be there the week of Jan 7th when I'm in town. Anyone know of a good MC dealer in that area in case I do pick it up? I'll need to get it winterized and wrapped before transit back here.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

1999 Mastercraft ProStar 205
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/3469295024.html

The scoop on that one is that the PO had service done by a dealer, they didn't put the oil drain plug in right (really?) and they ran it till it seized on them. To me that says that the PO didn't take care of it if they didn't notice a puddle of oil in the compartment or oil wasn't even put back in.

Current owner says 15 hours on new engine.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
The phone number for the Tulsa boat is the same as the number for "Josh" mentioned by tdjaster in the 7th post in this thread:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...p/t-46941.html
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
^^^^^ ahhhhh, now your name makes sense!

I was also looking at CC SNOBs but the ski wakes had less favorable reviews. Even looked at the 206. Love my MC and the value has held steady for a number of years now. I paid $13k for mine 3 or 4 years ago with 200 hrs. I'm sure I can still sell mine for at least $13k.
Ha, I have wondered if anyone has even gotten my name, or figured it out. Don't get me wrong, CC makes an awesome boat and I would still love to have one, but my eyes have definitely been opened to MC now.

I was actually a fiberglass engineer for CC and I can tell you that they put the utmost care into the manufacture of a Correct Craft boat.

I have also been to the MC plant, as my former boss works there for Hydra Sports so I got to see a good bit of stuff that most probably do not get to see. I even got to hop on one of the new models and do a little problem solving. It made me miss it. Since I was in the business, I probably noticed a little more than the normal person would about how MC makes their boats. They make a nice high quality boat and I am happy to be able to own one.

Tags
190, 205, lt1