Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:44 AM
jakethebt's Avatar
jakethebt jakethebt is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakekrone View Post
I'm armchair searching at the moment, nothing in MN with it being winter. Been looking all over the place, the 190 is in CO but I know the dealer it is at and trust them for a blind buy. Main concern with the 190 besides space is wake for wakeboarding, while I won't be doing huge tricks (prior concussions) I still enjoy straight airs.

Found a few I'm going to email about, hard part will be figuring out how to "look" at them. I have buddies in the areas of the first 2, so that should work.

1996 Mastercraft ProStar 205
http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/3488945201.html

1996 Mastercraft ProStar 205
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/boa/3470671259.html

1999 Mastercraft ProStar 205
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/3469295024.html

1996 Mastercraft Prostar 205
http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/boa/3467803481.html
The only one of those I would be interested in is the last one. Houston is not in good shape, Dallas is custom. That does not appear to be factory gel. It is either paint or a wrap. Also custom leather? It may be ok but it is a long way away from you to take a chance. The third is not that great of shape and that model year is not that hot on resale. The last one looks really nice.
__________________
1996 Prostar 205 LT-1
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM
XtwentyNot's Avatar
XtwentyNot XtwentyNot is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: None
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethebt View Post
The only one of those I would be interested in is the last one. Houston is not in good shape, Dallas is custom. That does not appear to be factory gel. It is either paint or a wrap. Also custom leather? It may be ok but it is a long way away from you to take a chance. The third is not that great of shape and that model year is not that hot on resale. The last one looks really nice.
I'll second that, I was going to link it but noticed you already had it. That's a nice boat. There's this one too:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/3469159928.html

But I'd be calling the guy with the one for $16 and seeing how motivated he is to sell.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Whisky Whisky is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: None
Location: Midwest
Posts: 67
I have been looking for a 205 for quite awhile as well. I think the listing in goldcountry is a buy and flip from this summer. I spoke to the previous owner earlier this year and he was asking less than $12k at that time.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-29-2012, 04:21 PM
blakekrone blakekrone is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Location: Midwest
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtwentyNot View Post
I'll second that, I was going to link it but noticed you already had it. That's a nice boat. There's this one too:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/3469159928.html

But I'd be calling the guy with the one for $16 and seeing how motivated he is to sell.
Saw that one as well, with it being a 95' it's first gen hull, 2nd gen is better from what I've been told/read.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-29-2012, 04:22 PM
blakekrone blakekrone is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Location: Midwest
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
I have been looking for a 205 for quite awhile as well. I think the listing in goldcountry is a buy and flip from this summer. I spoke to the previous owner earlier this year and he was asking less than $12k at that time.
Talked to current owner a bit, I was trying to do some research to see if it was previously listed as well, he did mention he was the 3rd owner.

The boat is in great shape from the pics, tempted to make him a blind offer and see what he says.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Jerseydave's Avatar
Jerseydave Jerseydave is offline
TT Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Location: Jersey
Posts: 5,394
The 190 is a pure slalom boat. If you want multi-use including wakeboarding get a 205. My buddy has one and it can be weighted for a nice wakeboard wake.
'96 and newer will be more roomy than the older ones, an LT-1 would be the best choice.
__________________
I was njskier on here.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-29-2012, 04:26 PM
blakekrone blakekrone is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Location: Midwest
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
The 190 is a pure slalom boat. If you want multi-use including wakeboarding get a 205. My buddy has one and it can be weighted for a nice wakeboard wake.
'96 and newer will be more roomy than the older ones, an LT-1 would be the best choice.
Hard enough to find a 205 let alone one with an LT-1 engine!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Ski-me's Avatar
Ski-me Ski-me is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Location: Rocky Mountains....Colorado Springs
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakekrone View Post
Hard enough to find a 205 let alone one with an LT-1 engine!
Be patient! It's worth the waiting around. I'm more for skiing so I wanted the 94-95 era. I also got the LT1 and love it! It would definitely be good to wait a bit for the right one. It's not like you can use it right now anyways.

I also agree with all the others on the 205 vs. 190. I definitely like the 205 space up front much better. And, the 96+ era actually give you more room than mine which is a nice bonus. My friend has a 2000 205 and it feels HUGE compared to mine when considering room. I can't imagine a 190 and wakeboarding in the same sentence.

Also, even the newer 197 open bow is way smaller than the 205's. At least the 205 can fit adults.....the 197 even felt small with 2 of my kids up there, let alone adults.

The last one looks the best of the group you gave. Keep in mind that in 1999, the interior and engine box are a little different. I don't prefer the 99' specifically just for that.
__________________
- Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Last edited by Ski-me; 12-29-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:02 PM
XtwentyNot's Avatar
XtwentyNot XtwentyNot is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: None
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 274
I hate to even ask if something like this would suit your needs?
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/3482329011.html
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
blakekrone blakekrone is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Location: Midwest
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtwentyNot View Post
I hate to even ask if something like this would suit your needs?
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/3482329011.html
Quite a bit out of my range and not sure I'm looking for a v-drive. Thanks though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
190, 205, lt1

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.