Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-27-2012, 09:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Personally, I wouldn't mind paying more in taxes.

As far as war, surely we don't NEED any more, but did we NEED WWII? No. Even at 49 I'd gladly saddle back up if war came to our shores.

And that tax rate article is BS. It's the flat tax rate and doesn't even include deductions or exemptions. It's just some flame bate news crap.
I wouldn't mind paying a little more either. But it pisses me off seeing people on welfare walking around talking and texting on cell phones that I'm paying for!!!

Our government needs to cut the wasteful spending and replace Made in China with Made in the USA!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
I wouldn't mind paying a little more either. But it pisses me off seeing people on welfare walking around talking and texting on cell phones that I'm paying for!!!

Our government needs to cut the wasteful spending and replace Made in China with Made in the USA!!!
Amen.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 WTT ProStar 197
You guys are nuts, I don't want to pay another damn penny. It makes my blood boil thinking about my tax dollors getting wasted by those a$$holes. How can you possibly be open to someone taking your hard earned money and burning it!

Last edited by Sullivan; 12-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServ...name=homepage2
Old 12-27-2012, 10:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

The US government is spending 1 TRILLION dollars more each year than it is taking in. This will be the 5th year in a row that annual deficit has exceeded 1 Trillion. October and November had deficits 20% higher than last year. We are on record pace.

The Fiscal cliff will kill the economy, say hello to a double dip recession, and bring in maybe an additional 320 Billion in revenue. We will still have a deficit of 800 Billion. Money our kids will eventually have to pay back.

Clearly this is NOT a taxation problem, it is a SPENDING problem. We have got to quit trying to be the nanny state. Can't feed them, don't breed them. Don't have a cell phone, get a second job or do without. Need to eat, get to work.

I am sick to death of how soft and fat our country has become.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Here is what's wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFke1xOaTEA
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
Good points JimN - Obama will go down as the worst President in the history of the USA. He's not a leader, he's an egotist!!!
Worse- he a narcissist.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2nh View Post
Clearly this is NOT a taxation problem, it is a SPENDING problem. We have got to quit trying to be the nanny state. Can't feed them, don't breed them.
Did you actually pay attention to anything above? By far, the two biggest items that the federal government spends money on are retirees and the military. Neither of them fall into your "nanny state" or "can't feed them, don't breed them" categories. Those are great reactionary radio sound-bites, but they aren't the reality of our fiscal crisis.

Do you wanna take a hack at finding $1.3 trillion to cut from the current budget? I posted the numbers above - go for it.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Personally, I wouldn't mind paying more in taxes.

As far as war, surely we don't NEED any more, but did we NEED WWII? No. Even at 49 I'd gladly saddle back up if war came to our shores.

And that tax rate article is BS. It's the flat tax rate and doesn't even include deductions or exemptions. It's just some flame bate news crap.
Should we have just sat back after Pearl Harbor? To be honest, we wouldn't have had our ships there if we weren't planning to jump in but that would have made us look so weak we would never have recovered. Nobody needs a war. It wasn't brought to the US and Hawaii was only a territory at that time but they attacked our navy, which was an act of war, so we made the declaration.

If someone is stupid enough to try to wage conventional war against the US, all of these civilian guns will come in awfully handy. If this comes from the Middle East, we all know who they'll be aiming at and who will be targeted by those who are their intended victims. If they come here in the same clothes as what they wear in the M.E., it will be a piece of cake for us. Even if they try to blend in, they won't be able to speak English well enough and without an accent to not be suspected.

What we need is for people to buy our own products.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
It's a complex issue which has been reviewed by many... here's one whack at it all the way back from 2010. It's not a one time reduction that will work...but over a acceptable period of time we can get there...unfortunately the spending wildfire is almost out of control.

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...federal-budget