Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 12-22-2012, 04:19 PM
TT Regular

Boat: '92 190 Prostar and the new project '05 X Star (Indmar 350 MCX)
Indmar 350 MCX hose connections

Anyone been able to locate a diagram of the hose connections on the Indmar 350 MCX? Am in the middle of fitting a new engine and want to make sure I get the indirect cooling, raw water, gearbox cooling and exhaust risers all connected properly!

Thanks
Old 12-22-2012, 04:32 PM
TT Regular

Boat: EPIC 23v
Open or closed cooling system?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:33 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInboards View Post
Open or closed cooling system?
Closed loop cooling.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190

Last edited by Bouyhead; 12-22-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Late
Old 12-22-2012, 04:35 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouyhead View Post
Do you have a closed cooling system with a heat exchanger that uses anti freeze, or the standard cooling system that uses raw water?
We have the salt water series, with a heat exchanger.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Maybe you can find the information you are looking for at ftp://ftp2.indmar.us/Service%20Infor...ow%20Diagrams/
Old 12-23-2012, 01:25 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Maybe you can find the information you are looking for at ftp://ftp2.indmar.us/Service%20Infor...ow%20Diagrams/
Excellent, thanks. I'm still a bit confused at the previous owner on my boat has but cast iron exhaust manifolds on, which have a a two water fittings at each end, one larger one by the water pump and a smaller one by the transmission. Looking at the diagrams at the above FTP site my boat (half indirect cooling, half raw water) shouldn't have two water take offs from each manifold. Not sure where the smaller diameter take offs go - guess I might see once the engine is back in the boat!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:51 PM
TT Regular

Boat: EPIC 23v
picture might be easier to work with as its doesn't sound like its standard
Old 12-23-2012, 08:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyade View Post
Excellent, thanks. I'm still a bit confused at the previous owner on my boat has but cast iron exhaust manifolds on, which have a a two water fittings at each end, one larger one by the water pump and a smaller one by the transmission. Looking at the diagrams at the above FTP site my boat (half indirect cooling, half raw water) shouldn't have two water take offs from each manifold. Not sure where the smaller diameter take offs go - guess I might see once the engine is back in the boat!
Three scotches to the wind but here it goes: the fittings on your manifold toward the front or the motor should come from your thermostat housing, to send water to cool the exhaust gases. The fittings on the rear of the manifolds, by the transmission are for draining/winterization purposes. I think.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouyhead View Post
Three scotches to the wind but here it goes: the fittings on your manifold toward the front or the motor should come from your thermostat housing, to send water to cool the exhaust gases. The fittings on the rear of the manifolds, by the transmission are for draining/winterization purposes. I think.
The diagram for my engine EXT CAT RWC shows the drain hoses Bouyhead mentions. Some of the other diagrams also show the drain hoses. However I don't see the drain hoses mentioned in a few of the other diagrams. I just don't know if they did not bother to show them or if they really are not to be there. I could see then not using the drain hoses on the FWC systems. I see "Annually, you should remove the end caps to drain and inspect
the heat exchanger." in one of the service advisories at the same site. Also makes me think maybe drain hoses are not used on closed cooled systems. BTY I used FileZilla FTP Client and downloaded all the documents at that site so that I have them local on my PC.

Maybe someone with a closed cooled system on this forum can shed some light on this one.

Tags
350 mcx hose