Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Prostar 197 TT
O'Neill Boost Drysuit Sizing....

After buying my first Mastercraft this past October, I'm anxious to get out on the water as early as possible next spring. I have been researching drysuits and have narrowed the selection down to the O'Neill Boost and the Barefoot International Seipel drysuit.

I will be primarily using it for slalom skiing and rarely playing around on a wakeboard, but not barefooting. I may go in halves with a friend of mine that I slalom with due to the cost. Since we would be sharing, the ease with which the suit can be taken off and put back on becomes an important feature. Based upon the reviews and forum threads which I have read, the O'Neill Boost seems to be the best choice.

My question is in regards to the best size to purchase. I am 6'2", 175 lbs. My friend is about 6' and around the same weight. The O'Neill sizing chart that typically accompanies the drysuit listing is actually a wetsuit sizing chart. By that chart, a large tall would probably be the correct size. After a fairly exhaustive search, I cannot find any new large tall Boost drysuits out there (only one used one on eBay that looks to be several years old). I'm not even sure if the LT is made anymore. I could order an XL, but I don't want the suit to be too baggy in the midsection.

So I'd be interested in hearing some feedback from anyone who owns a L or XL O'Neill Boost that has a similar height/build. Is the large restrictive in any way for someone 6'2", or does it ride up on the ankles or wrists? Would the XL be too baggy around the midsection and cause too much wind resistance at slalom speeds? Also, does anyone know if there are any LT suits out there? Thanks!