Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Wakeboard school

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but I am looking for wakeboard school recommendations. Plan on going sometime in May. I hear a lot about the boarding school. The wakeboard camp looks pretty good too. Any recommendations for these or another you've been to? Thanks.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
The boarding school has a great site (wind protected and private), Shaun Murray, Josh Palma and Travis Moye.....plus a new X-star! That would be my first choice.

I've heard good things about the Wakeboard Camp with Kyle Schmidt as well. He created learnwake.com so I would have to say he's a very good instructor.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 X-9
My Lake Gaston neighbor and 2009 World Champion Adam Fields runs an awesome wakeboard school here on Lake Gaston in North Carolina. You can check out the website at afwake.com and also check him out on Facebook via AFWake and Adam Fields Wakeboard school.
I can say, you'll be hard pressed to find a more patient and knowledgeable coach. He has students from all across the U.S and around the world every year. I will also tell you, I've seen him coach all skill levels with the same passion and enthusiasm, give him a look, I think you'll like what you see.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 190, 1989, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKGman View Post
My Lake Gaston neighbor and 2009 World Champion Adam Fields runs an awesome wakeboard school here on Lake Gaston in North Carolina. You can check out the website at afwake.com and also check him out on Facebook via AFWake and Adam Fields Wakeboard school.
I can say, you'll be hard pressed to find a more patient and knowledgeable coach. He has students from all across the U.S and around the world every year. I will also tell you, I've seen him coach all skill levels with the same passion and enthusiasm, give him a look, I think you'll like what you see.
He has a pretty cool set-up at his place. I recommended AF to someone on the TT board a couple of month ago, I think she was near Raleigh.
Somewhere between SML and LKG