Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-09-2012, 01:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1991 MASTERCRAFT PRO STAR 190
Heres What We Have...kubota About 3 Years Old But It Works! If I Could Keep My Daughter Out Of It!
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2012, 02:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
I bought one for the family about 3 yrs ago. It is a chineese knock-off of a Rhino. Now I'm not promoting the cheap knock-offs, but I got such a good deal I couldn't turn it down.
Back to the subject of my post; I got it for several reasons. It is a fun vehicle that does work. I pull the dock & lift with it, haul wood and teach the kids how to drive.
Out on a frozen lake, there is no better place to teach kids how to "drift" so they will be prepared for when they drive on the roads. I also use it to move the boat. I have a front reciever on it and it allows easy maneuvering of the boat in and out of the shed. So to me it was well worth the money.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X45 and 89 barefoot 190
I have the Kawasaki Mule 610XC. It has the 400cc gas engine. It works great for moving the boat around, yard work and hunting. I used to move an X45 with it and didn't have any problems. I will admit that if you plan to use with a snow plow that it may be a little underpowered. One thing to consider is that the mule will fit between the fender wells of a full size truck. It is 52" wide and weights about 1200lbs.
I do plan to replace the 2x4 with a permanent rack for tube and ezski with a hitch mount and a piece of square tubing.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 210, 351, bought in '07 with 227 original hours.
Timely thread, I am about 2 weeks away from pulling the trigger on one. Just have to close on the house first. Thanks for the pics and reviews so far...

1990 Maristar 210... Sold

In the market though...
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
here is the lake ranger
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
I use the 4wheeler more than I thought I would around the house now that we have 5 acres.
Also drag a 60" mower with it.
A friend is into the utv's now and yes, if you have tight trails, turns, the turning radius of the crew cab ones is pretty large. He opted for a 2 seater with rear jump seat for the little kids, but they use it exclusively on mtn trails.
4 seater for back and forth to the dock would be ideal.
Note if you'll be hauling it in the back of the truck, some are too wide to sit between the wheel wells. The Cat is too wide, the CanAM fits (per my friend).
Should have no problem plowing a long drive with it. I plow with my ATV and it'll push a good deal of wet snow without chains. A utv would be even better I'd think due to the extra weight it has.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
Here is a pick of my Ranger Crew hauling a deer stand base. I just winched it from the front and pulled it onto the box. Rangers are awesomeName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355171395.811412.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  151.0 KB
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X45 LY6 2004 X-30 MCX-Sold
We have a 2011 Polaris Ranger EPS Crew. It has been a very good machine. I use it mostly to haul my cooler around the neighborhood. Would recommend one of these to anyone needing a vehicle to haul a lot of people around. If I were just needing one for work I would probably just get the midsize Ranger 500. I think it would do everything I wanted it to do.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft, x45, 2005, 8.1L
I have a 2009 polaris ranger 800xp. The second best investment we have made (upgrading to the x45 being first). We use it for hunting, hauling things, moving the MC in and out of the shed. They are a must if you have any acreage and a lot of fun to boot.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
I have a Kubota RTV900 with about 2400 hours on it. Only issue I have had so far was u-joint in front drive shaft and CV joint on front axle but the later was caused due to a ripped boot that I didn't notice timely enough, quite a nice little workhorse.

My son still races offroad motorcycles and we take to the races to get all around the course to watch. I built a highseat for the back that we use for deer hunting and we use it all the time around the house and out on the ranch, especially when it's muddy out (rare as of late).