Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
So are you nominee 1, 3 or 4?
Thats funny........ No Taylor is not nominated and neither am I. I think that everyone knows that if they try to give that POS award to me that I will terminate the ongoing tradition and it will either be burned in a campfire or tossed into the nearest dumpster. The award is so stupid.

I find it interesting that not all winners of the award did something stupid. Example nominee #3 hurt himself skiing. He did not hurt himself like one of our members did by breaking an arm while trying to rollerblade or skateboard in his empty swimming pool or like one other member who left his boat tied up next to the dock with the dock line attached to the throttle. Next thing you know is the boat is in gear and ends up on the dock with the prop chopping away at the walk way. The owner meanwhile had left the boat and was at the ramp trying to retrieve his trailer and was 400yards away and totally helpless at the time. Or like another member who left her car in gear and got out......car was 4' under water very soon after she got out of it and was under the skier path around 3 ball.

I also think that if you hurt yourself doing something stupid and yes you know you are hurt but you ski through the broken bones then your nomination should be voided.

The entire award is GHEY

Last edited by Kyle; 11-15-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
LMAO - you didnt forget did you... Luckily, my GF and Kyle were the ONLY ones that knew and they both kept their mouths shut...

Now, I will say I should have won it 2 years in a row... 2005 and 2006... And I SHOULD have won it in 2011.

2005: I broke my ski fin - I made it to 4 ball - head 1st... I lost to another member who wakeboarded into shore!

2006: The trailer for the boat at Ski haven fell on my foot and broke all my toes... but I also bent my trailer axle when I side swiped a t-post... I was a sure winner....

2011: Should have been a closer race... I mangled a garage door with my GFs boat tower... Oh and then trying to hammer the door back into its track, I managed to smash my finger hard enough the fingernail turned black and fell off... Also in 2011, one of our founding fathers who I have skied with since 2006 tore his ACL doing something stupid at the state fair, and my GF broke her trailer tongue when we were pulling the boat out of the Brazos!

For a comprehensive list of winners, you can click here

MC
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Kyle, you fail to see the true meaning of the award. The award was meant to be a fun thing, and once again you (and taylor for that matter) blow it completely out of proportion.

The same way people in the club compete to see who the best skier, jumper, tricker, boarder surfer or footer, is the same way we compete to not do the most boneheaded thing each year (or at least do a great job covering it up)

So, lighten up Francis, this is all IN FUN.

MC

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Anytime man!

Trust me, I was holding my breath last year that i didnt get nominated... I would have probably been the 1st club president to win it! FML! Haha

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Quote:
Kyle, you fail to see the true meaning of the award. The award was meant to be a fun thing, and once again you (and taylor for that matter) blow it completely out of proportion.

The same way people in the club compete to see who the best skier, jumper, tricker, boarder surfer or footer, is the same way we compete to not do the most boneheaded thing each year (or at least do a great job covering it up)

So, lighten up Francis, this is all IN FUN.

MC
Did Mark just tell some one to lighten up and accuse them of blowing something out of proportion? Kyle-Does that mean my win is voided?

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 11-16-2012, 10:00 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
Did Mark just tell some one to lighten up and accuse them of blowing something out of proportion? Kyle-Does that mean my win is voided?
Mike - shut up or I'll make sure you were awarded the BSA in 2008 also since noone will fess up to owning it that year.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
You should know that I would NEVER vote a friend to receive that pos ski and I consider you a friend.....

Now the rest of the club may find humor what happened but I didn't.

Since I don't remember the reason why you won the award I will just say. The sky ski could have happened to anyone so whoever voted for a BSA was retarded. But you did break the skyski and if I had done the same thing and won the BSA then I can assure everyone that the BSA would be ashes. If you got it from Oleson ruining you knee, well then the entire club that voted the award to you are ars holes. In either case I think yours should be expunged from the record.

I never voted any kind of BSA award to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
Quote:
I'm going to refrain from comment Taylor, you'll be the only one saying stupid things on here.

Have a great day.
Yep, I'm known for saying stupid stuff. I guess its my cross to carry. lol

Last edited by TayMC197; 11-16-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
You should know that I would NEVER vote a friend to receive that pos ski and I consider you a friend.....

Now the rest of the club may find humor what happened but I didn't.

Since I don't remember the reason why you won the award I will just say. The sky ski could have happened to anyone so whoever voted for a BSA was retarded. But you did break the skyski and if I had done the same thing and won the BSA then I can assure everyone that the BSA would be ashes. If you got it from Oleson ruining you knee, well then the entire club that voted the award to you are ars holes. In either case I think yours should be expunged from the record.

I never voted any kind of BSA award to you.
You consider Mike a friend? Maybe we need to rethink our own friendship! Nah, Mikes a pretty good guy (for a show skier anyways!) Haha - JK

Mike won the BSA because of the jump clinic incident! And yes, he deserved it last year also because he sky skied with the lake low in late summer in a place he knew was iffy! He could have let go... So a nomination was definitely warranted.

And Kyle, if you ever win the award, I guarantee your name will be on it and you'll never gain possession of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMC197 View Post
Yep, I'm known for saying stupid stuff. I guess its my cross to carry. lol
You've perfected it as an art form Taylor, keep up the good work!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
I am a 2 time winner...just can't remember what the 2nd one was for. The sky ski was not due to low lake but people pulling you too close to shore(and maybe me pushing for one last flip before the turn).....and I got it the first time because a cheesehead SN owner crashed into me on the jump? I'll take that one...Should have known better!