Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2012, 06:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X2
I think this wake thing is going out of control.
Granted, i,m a footer, so i dont really get it. But come! I remember when ballast did NOT exist and the guys wwhere throwing the same tricks that 90 % of the week end warrior is comparable throwing today!.

Pro,s, well, that,s another story.

Just my opinion on a saturday that i cannot sleep.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Flyer View Post
Granted, i,m a footer, so i dont really get it. But come! I remember when ballast did NOT exist and the guys wwhere throwing the same tricks that 90 % of the week end warrior is comparable throwing today!.

I'll toast to that, cheers
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Fair enough. And very nice pic. Just surprised you wouldn't have been able to find a x-25 to ride. I've ridden both the x-25(stock) and x-star(loaded) and they seemed to have the lip or kick your after. But for the fun your after you will need to load them up despite what some say on here. I could very easily live with either of their wakes loaded up! I'm still surprised you didn't like the Nautique wake being that also has a great lip and is more like hitting a curb in the older hull! I think for the most part it's a matter of physics in that it takes weight to make a wake. Some boats produce different shapes yes but it still takes ballast to grow a large fat wake that makes is all smile!

And so glad I have a fan/stalker. Awesome....

Btw: Here is that g23 pick I was talking about which made me wonder how u thought it small.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354983485.833347.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  58.4 KB
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Flyer View Post

Amazing I was just thinking about a time we had last summer. After riding with some friends while going back to the shorestation a 90s Supra inboard came by and a guy did a wake to wake roll off the center pylon. Humbling experience. If you have skills many of today's tricks are in reach without a $80K boat.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:41 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2012 X25 5.7 Ilmore
This is the best I could find with a lot of weight. Like most, we ride with stock ballast if only a few bodies in the boat. With this many I don't fill any ballast as an intermediate. This advanced rider wanted all we had so 11 people with stock ballast. It was massive. I have the 5.7 and this is the only time it ever struggled. I dropped to 1/2 ballast and it did just fine. The wake was a little washy at 80 ft back if I remember right. I didn't have the ideal speed/weight distribution figured out though since I never run this much weight. Every other time pulling, smooth at all speeds.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2012, 02:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Standing up to drive the boat. Noob.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Nice shots!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
Standing up to drive the boat. Noob.
I'd stand up too so I could see in the bow of that ride. Nice crew.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 malibu wakesetter
nice photo's. i never said i didnt like the g23 wake. i just said it had no lip. with stock ballast it didnt. It was very big but didnt boot you straight up. i was expecting it to feel like a double up. It was a super smooth takeoff and you still got plenty of height due to the long rope length and long width across the wake. i'm sure with another 2000lb in it it might be a different story with the lip department as is with the old model x star. I didnt test drive an x25 first as i thought i wanted a G23. i have since gotten over that idea and am going to test a few more boats before i buy again.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 malibu wakesetter
in response to people who don't understand why i and many others want a bigger wake my reasoning is this:
Is my wake holding me back and will a bigger wake help me land new tricks = i would say no, as phillip soven can do a whirly 5 behind a jetski. ( though a big wake will probably get you an extra 180 or so). So as many of you say you dont need a bigger wake to land new tricks i agree with you here. though it certainly helps. the main reason i and many others love as big of a wake as possible as it is a precursor to style. doing things bigger. getting the grab poked out for a touch longer. It certainly helps in this department. Also the feeling you get when going that extra bit higher in the air. I personally would have more fun doing stalefish grabs all day off a big double up than doing small 5's or inverts on a small wake. i dont even have to do a trick ( spins and inverts) off a BIG wake to have fun. and thats what wakeboarding is about for me. the feeling you get when gliding across the water and flying through the air. half the time i will rid a full set and not do anything more than grabs and 180's on a big wake and just enjoy the feeling of wakeboarding.