Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6571  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:30 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
You know it's sad that you think that way CP. Tebow is the All American kid. The media is mad because they can't get any DIRT on him just like you! He plays his heart out - Takes Denver to the play-offs and gets traded? Why? Because Elway's ego couldn't handle it!!!

"IF" Tebow had played for osu you would be singing a different tune, but because he was on the team that demolished the suckeyes in the National Championship Game you hate him.

If the suckeyes want to play real football they'll have to join the SEC!!! The big10 conference is a has been conference!!!!


GET OVER IT!!!
I don't care to get any dirt on him. In fact, I couldn't think less about him except on here where you won't let go about him. You have to admit it when a player you think is special isn't good enough for the 'big-boy league'. I knew Troy Smith wasn't going to amount to much in the NFL, you should have looked at teabags mechanics and been able to figure out the same thing about him.

Hahahaha, Elway couldn't handle it??? Seriously? That makes no sense since Elway went out and got the best QB ever to take over.

And my hatred for teabag started when they beat OSU. But it only continues because the freaking media can't get enough of trying to make an 'openly christian' kid a great QB in the NFL. Let's face it, he is a way below average in the NFL. Look at his numbers, they are horrible. The only reason we are even talking about him is because he is christian and the media won't let him go. There is a reason he is no longer in Denver, because the media was making him a huge distraction for that team. This will be his last season in New York and maybe the last in the NFL, because he isn't good enough to be a starter anywhere. All he brings to the table is a bunch of media with drool hanging from their mouths and a distraction for the starting QB.

There is hope though......he could go and play in Canada. It worked for Doug Flutie.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul

Last edited by captain planet; 12-06-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6572  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:39 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,644
It's alright though Tricky. I understand your knowledge of NFL QB's is lacking. You probably think Joe Namath and Troy Aikman deserve to be in the HOF too.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #6573  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:57 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post

In fact, I couldn't think less about him except on here where you won't let go about him.


Hahahaha, Elway couldn't handle it??? Seriously? That makes no sense since Elway went out and got the best QB ever to take over.
We feel the same way about ron paul.

Yeah, he couldn't handle it. He had said all along that Tebow was terrible and that they should not recruit him. What happens next? 5 wins and playoffs and he makes Elway eat his words so what does Elway do? Brings in another QB and trades off the kid that made him look like crap to all the Bronco fans.

Yeah, seriously. It didn't have anything to do with someone being a better QB then him, there are plenty of those. It had everything to do with Tebow making him look bad.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #6574  
Old 12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
We feel the same way about ron paul.

Yeah, he couldn't handle it. He had said all along that Tebow was terrible and that they should not recruit him. What happens next? 5 wins and playoffs and he makes Elway eat his words so what does Elway do? Brings in another QB and trades off the kid that made him look like crap to all the Bronco fans.

Yeah, seriously. It didn't have anything to do with someone being a better QB then him, there are plenty of those. It had everything to do with Tebow making him look bad.
....hold on a minute..I can't type due to laughter......




So you think Elway, the man who is one of the top 5 QBs all time, who brought the City of Denver back to back Super Bowl wins....was looking like crap because of tebow?

Where is that little rolling laughing smiley when you need it?
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #6575  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
....hold on a minute..I can't type due to laughter......




So you think Elway, the man who is one of the top 5 QBs all time, who brought the City of Denver back to back Super Bowl wins....was looking like crap because of tebow?

Where is that little rolling laughing smiley when you need it?
It has nothing to do with Elway's on field performance. But since you bring that part up. Elway may have won a few super bowls but he also as the two worst defeats in super bowls too. When I say worst I mean the worst ever.


The part about Tebow is that he said Tebow was crap and didn't want to draft him. Then Tebow wins five and puts them in the playoffs. He makes Elway eat his words so Elway just trades him off.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #6576  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 PM
tideengineer's Avatar
tideengineer tideengineer is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 LT1
Location: Southeast
Posts: 551
Can't we all just get along...hee hee hee
Reply With Quote
  #6577  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by tideengineer View Post
Can't we all just get along...hee hee hee
Not when it comes to college football!!
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #6578  
Old 12-07-2012, 07:55 AM
LYNRDSKYNRD's Avatar
LYNRDSKYNRD LYNRDSKYNRD is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 1987 PROSTAR 190
Location: Alabama
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet;
But it only continues because the freaking media can't get enough of trying to make an 'openly christian' kid a great QB in the NFL. The only reason we are even talking about him is because he is christian and the media won't let him .
Yeah because we know how pro Christian the media is

Your right about the media love affair but you are wrong about the reason.



Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #6579  
Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM
tideengineer's Avatar
tideengineer tideengineer is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 LT1
Location: Southeast
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
Yeah because we know how pro Christian the media is

Your right about the media love affair but you are wrong about the reason.



Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
"Amen" to that statement...
Reply With Quote
  #6580  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
It has nothing to do with Elway's on field performance. But since you bring that part up. Elway may have won a few super bowls but he also as the two worst defeats in super bowls too. When I say worst I mean the worst ever.


The part about Tebow is that he said Tebow was crap and didn't want to draft him. Then Tebow wins five and puts them in the playoffs. He makes Elway eat his words so Elway just trades him off.
Did John Elway play defense???? Oh, so it was the entire team that got blown out by San Fran.....just checking.

Just because Elway was on two or three losing Super Bowl teams doesn't mean he is not a great QB. If that were the case I guess Jim Kelley was a horrible QB right along with Dan Marino. And if we continue that logic, I guess Dan Fouts was just plain terrible.

The facts are this, tebow is not an NFL caliber QB. How you want to look at how the personnel decisions were handled....so be it.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.