Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 malibu wakesetter
thanks for your help. and i would definately be considering an old shape x star if they had continued the shape. i love that wake. though there aren't many in australia with 400+ motors. And i have talked to a few people who have said that the x25 replaces the old shape x star. thanks Corey for your info on a loaded x25. i know i dont need the biggest wake in the world. but at the end of the day once you ride a big wake it is not the same level of fun riding a smaller wake. i ride my mal with 4k ballast and than a mates 210 and its like riding a jetski. i want to get a boat with a wake that makes my mal feel like a jetski. was hoping that the x25 may be the boat as everyone keeps talking it up.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:10 AM
TT Newbie

ill definately go demo the boat. hopefully it as big as some of you say. i demo'd a G23, going off the hype i thought it would be worth a vehicle upgrade. but i found the wake to be big but very mellow. only rode stock ballast but was expecting more. so i kind of got over the idea of spending big $ on a boat and a car upgrade. they have just recieved a new x star at the closest dealer (1.5hrs away) also so i may talk them into letting me test that out as well.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 AM
TT Newbie

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/ama...apivas-dreams/

can anybody confirm if this is an x25 wake? looks big, its a mastercraft but doesnt really show much of the boat.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlz72 View Post
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/ama...apivas-dreams/

can anybody confirm if this is an x25 wake? looks big, its a mastercraft but doesnt really show much of the boat.
Judging by the tower mount position, interior layout, and the fact that it has the starboard lounge backrest..... I am almost positive that it is. Also the guage setup indicates a 2012, and most certainly not an Xstar.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Yup - X25, seat back behind driver seat Good catch.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 Mastercraft X-25
Awesome riding, that's for sure.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Something in this thread doesn't smell right. Somehow you found time and someone willing to let you demo a G 23 but you couldn't find a demo of the x-25? And to call the wake of a SAN like a JetSki is ridiculous. After seeing the pics of ironj g23 wake on another forum no way anyone could call that tame.

Let's see some pics of your supposedly 4000 pound loaded VLX.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Something in this thread doesn't smell right. Somehow you found time and someone willing to let you demo a G 23 but you couldn't find a demo of the x-25? And to call the wake of a SAN like a JetSki is ridiculous. After seeing the pics of ironj g23 wake on another forum no way anyone could call that tame.

Let's see some pics of your supposedly 4000 pound loaded VLX.
Somebody piss in your cheerios today, Nordicron??

I am pretty sure they were just inflating the statement to make a point. Chances are a VLX+4k is going to have a bigger wake than a SAN 210 with stock ballast. And how would you know what the local Ausie dealers have in stock??

You know what smells funnier?? I did a google search for Nordicron+Troll, and also did some post searches for your user name on PN, WW, and BuCrew, and was not surprised to see what I found. You run around these forums trolling and being negative about all kinds of different boats. Maybe 20% of the posts are not negative in nature, and I didnt find a single one with helpful info.....

Simmer down, and try to be usefull. Sure you are gonna disagree sometimes. However it seems like you just like to stir up the drama.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
AAAAAHHHHHHH!

Please don't turn this into a Wakeworld thread.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:18 AM
TT Newbie

nordicon,

the g23 was big, dont get me wrong, but not awe inspiring with standard ballast like most had claimed. it was still as big or bigger than my vlx with 4k but it had no lip. no explosive pop that i was expecting. very long transition, similar to an x star wake but less lip. kind of like riding off a kicker. suit people who ride a long length and ride into the flats. we road 85ft at 23.6. i'm after something a bit steeper. i'll post a pic of my wake when i work out how to. didnt mean to stir the pot. just sharing my experience.
Attached Images