Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-04-2012, 02:32 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx1 View Post
Where I am from, this usually is accompanied by some type of alcohol intake.
Tend to look something like this?
Attached Images

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Are you trying to insult the South? I think you need to quit hanging around with the elitist Canadians, put up your ice fishing gear and white wine, defrost your swim trunks, and come on down and have an attitude adjustment.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:13 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Are you trying to insult the South? I think you need to quit hanging around with the elitist Canadians, put up your ice fishing gear and white wine, defrost your swim trunks, and come on down and have an attitude adjustment.
No insult intended, though when you say the South, that encompasses a lot of territory, and a lot of different views of what the South is. Certainly there is room to insult some Southerners as there is room to insult most Canadians.

Ice fishing hasn't quite started, and I'm more of a whiskey guy (haven't had any good shine in a while though). Might have to dig my swim trunks out of the back of the igloo.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Insult? Insult? He was showin' ya a bottle of the good stuff...not that first shot crap that can make ya sick...or that girly apple jack shine...He's was honorin' the south... hell most people think red neck is a derogatory term...

Best music comes from Nashville...I am stuck outside my southern comfort zone... and it's those French Canadians that can get really cranky at times...the other one are very nice...
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Good luck with the project jk.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
As far as the skid steer goes, you had a track Hoe in the first group of pics. I take it the Hoe was not there to drag out the skid steer, bobcat, or what ever yall call it out of the buried hole. Also assume that you tried to use the bucket to push or pull while you drove it to try to get out.

I have used my F150KR to pull out a burried tractor out of a pond. Long story..... Tried to break the pond ice so that the cattle could drink. The Ice would not break until we drove out 15' on the pond and broke it with the Hay Fork. Then the tractor was stuck. Tried to back out in 4x4 and burried it more. I grabbed some drilling pipe and put a chain through the pipe and hooked it to the truck and the tractor. Using the pipe as a shock tube so that if the chain broke, my new tailgate or back glass would not be busted out. It worked great and the tractor came out real nice.

When you roll those tires off of the rims there are some interesting ways to reseat the bead.

1) Take a tow strap and wrap it around the tread and cynch it down and add air.

2) Take a flamable fluid and spray the inside of the rim and the outside of the tire and shoot a flame ball into the rim and when it blows up the explosion will reseat the bead and automatically blow out the fire. Then add more air to the tire.

3) You can take the tire off and take it to a truck stop and have them bead blast it. They will love how muddy it is.....

I personally like the flame thrower way along with a few beers or whiskey drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by Kyle; 12-04-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
I have never been so drunk in my life off of anything other than shine. NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER AGAIN.....

Death was becoming a very good option at the time......

Layed in the bathroom for 48 hours and fought real hard to just make it to the sink to sip on some water to keep some kind of hydration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I have never been so drunk in my life off of anything other than shine. NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER AGAIN.....

Death was becoming a very good option at the time......

Layed in the bathroom for 48 hours and fought real hard to just make it to the sink to sip on some water to keep some kind of hydration.
Rookie
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
Rookie

Last edited by Kyle; 12-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Well, just got back in from the site. After my rough start to the day I took a step back, re-grouped and let the boys with the big toys do the heavy lifting. The dozer showed up around 9am and I had another 40 ton of 1's and 2's on its way to the site as well as a load of ground ashpalt to help fill in. I was at my day job all day so by the time I got back to the site it was pouring rain and the slinger truck was just getting ready to leave the site but the drive repairs looked to be holding pretty nicely, so hopefully we have improved the situation enough.

Someone had asked about the excavator that was in one of the pics and yes, it was gone from the site. I tried the bucket myself out method but it was too far gone and not worth burying my truck as well. The dozer got it out and set it over to the side so I took the rear wheels off in the pouring rain, threw them in the bed of my truck nad brought them home. I spent some time cleaning them off and they are headed to the shop tomorrow to see what can be done or if new ones are in order.

So, in trying to find the bright side of the situation I think I have solved my need for premium fill. Given where our garage will be, we will have to put a considerable amount of fill inside to bring it up to grade.....the front wall will be 10 course of block and the back wall will be 7 course....yep, the garage sits in a valley right now. So, since I was going to have to get premium fill anyways, I think I now have it on site and will simply scrape it up and put it in there as we will be raising the level of the drive leading to the garage a considerable amount and I really don't want to bury $3k worth of material!

I will update more tomorrow if the rain ever stops!