Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Yeah he does and every bit as tall and talented as Mr Jones is. It's gonna be a good next 3 years I believe.

Did you see McElory might be the new starter for the Jets?
McElroy is smart and a winner. Hope he gets a chance.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
I'll bet Tebow's ribs heal faster now!
If you think tebags ribs are hurt, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska for you.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
MC Addict

Siri speaks
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 PM
MC Addict

Well, another coach with morals issues.......

Bret Bielema to Arkansas: Wisconsin coach leaving for SEC
By Jason Kirk on Dec 4, 3:06p

Ethan Miller

Arkansas' year-long coaching search will conclude with Bret Bielema, who wants to stick around for the Rose Bowl.

"The card said leave in the middle of your third straight Rose Bowl trip," might be how Bret Bielema explains his move from Wisconsin to Arkansas, if Pat Forde's report is accurate. Forde also reports the announcement will come Tuesday.

Update: Bruce Feldman confirms, and Mark Schlabach reports Bielema wants to coach the Rose Bowl.

Bielema is 68-24 at Wisconsin, with four 10-win seasons and three Big Ten titles to his name. He was ... absolutely nowhere near the list of reported candidates at any point during the epic Arkansas coaching search. This is quite a surprise, but that's how Jeff Long operates.

This follows rumors that everyone from Jon Gruden to Mike Gundy was just inches away from being hired. However, Forde is by far the most legitimate name to declare a hire imminent.

Bielema, you'll recall, is the coach who called out Ohio State's Urban Meyer for stealing recruits. And now he's reportedly going to the SEC West. He's also made a name for turning ACC transfer quarterbacks into pieces of Rose Bowl teams.

As for Wisconsin, how about those many coordinators who've left Wisconsin for elsewhere? Pitt coach Paul Chryst and new N.C. State coach Dave Doeren have got to be the first names on the Wisconsin fan's list.

So I guess moral depravity is exacerbated by $$$$ in college football coaching. We'll see if he sticks around for his players or goes for the green.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Pitt coach Paul Chryst and new N.C. State coach Dave Doeren have got to be the first names on the Wisconsin fan's list.
Paul Chryst should be receiving a phone call right about now! As much as it sucks pulling a coach from another program it's the nature of things. College football is a major industry and people want to get paid as such. It is hard to blame someone for going for the money, I would probably do the same thing.

Wisconsin would do well to get Chryst or pull a Kstate/Nebraska and get Barry Alvarez back on the sidelines!!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Well, another coach with morals issues.......

Bret Bielema to Arkansas: Wisconsin coach leaving for SEC
By Jason Kirk on Dec 4, 3:06p

Ethan Miller

Arkansas' year-long coaching search will conclude with Bret Bielema, who wants to stick around for the Rose Bowl.

"The card said leave in the middle of your third straight Rose Bowl trip," might be how Bret Bielema explains his move from Wisconsin to Arkansas, if Pat Forde's report is accurate. Forde also reports the announcement will come Tuesday.

Update: Bruce Feldman confirms, and Mark Schlabach reports Bielema wants to coach the Rose Bowl.

Bielema is 68-24 at Wisconsin, with four 10-win seasons and three Big Ten titles to his name. He was ... absolutely nowhere near the list of reported candidates at any point during the epic Arkansas coaching search. This is quite a surprise, but that's how Jeff Long operates.

This follows rumors that everyone from Jon Gruden to Mike Gundy was just inches away from being hired. However, Forde is by far the most legitimate name to declare a hire imminent.

Bielema, you'll recall, is the coach who called out Ohio State's Urban Meyer for stealing recruits. And now he's reportedly going to the SEC West. He's also made a name for turning ACC transfer quarterbacks into pieces of Rose Bowl teams.

As for Wisconsin, how about those many coordinators who've left Wisconsin for elsewhere? Pitt coach Paul Chryst and new N.C. State coach Dave Doeren have got to be the first names on the Wisconsin fan's list.

So I guess moral depravity is exacerbated by $$$$ in college football coaching. We'll see if he sticks around for his players or goes for the green.
What in the hell are you going on about?

It's also a job, you know the one they use to pay the bills. Have you ever moved up in the job market for better pay, better hours, better location?

I'm sure ever coach wanted to stay a towel boy forever.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:32 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Looks like Auburn is looking into Bama for a new head coach. I hope he takes the job before the BCS game. I know that will please CP.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
In Madison I'm hearing a lot of Darryl Bevel talk.
As for Bielema, the most popular view is that the Badgers have been decent in spite of him, not because of him. Good coordinators can do that for you.
I'm all about Chryst myself.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: a
Did I see CP talking about coaches with moral issues??? Aren't you still a Tressel slappy?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 LT1
Auburn hires Malzahn back...I wonder if Chizik will be his DC?