Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 AM
BrianT's Avatar
BrianT BrianT is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
New to this forum. Some great looking boats here !

Here's my ex-boat (as of July 4, 2012). Storm damage resulted in an insurance write-off this summer so we were boatless We managed to keep busy building a cabin at our lake so it kept my mind off the insurance process.

Looking forward to getting back at it in '13 now that we're done with the adjusters, etc. Lots to keep me occupied with over the winter with the sleds, not to mention looking hard for a boat lately. All this despite having 2' of snow here !!

All the best,

Geoff
Nice looking boat, I used to have a 09 X7 as well. Mine was orange and white. Looks like your from SK and the last picture looks somewhere around Kelowna?

Good luck in your search for a new unit!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 AM
gbm's Avatar
gbm gbm is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X-7
Location: North
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Nice looking boat, I used to have a 09 X7 as well. Mine was orange and white. Looks like your from SK and the last picture looks somewhere around Kelowna?

Good luck in your search for a new unit!
Appreciate the comments Brian !

You're close on the location of the pics. They were taken in Penticton, BC last summer while visiting family at Skaha lake.

Geoff
__________________
Geoff

'10 X-2
'09 X-7 (taken by storm)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Shooter McKevin's Avatar
Shooter McKevin Shooter McKevin is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Boat: 2000 Prostar 190, LTR 330
Location: Calgary Canada
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Nice looking boat, I used to have a 09 X7 as well. Mine was orange and white. Looks like your from SK and the last picture looks somewhere around Kelowna?

Good luck in your search for a new unit!
Brian,

What do you mean "used to have"?? Sold it already?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:54 PM
BrianT's Avatar
BrianT BrianT is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McKevin View Post
Brian,

What do you mean "used to have"?? Sold it already?
Ummmm... Well..... Yes I did. We put on around 48 hours this summer and grew real tired of always dipping the nose. We were on the Spokane River in Aug and going through a no wake zone when a pontoon boat went by too quick, my wife and 2 kids (7-4) were in the front. The pontoon boat sent 3 big wakes over the bow and filled er up to the windshield. I thought she was going down!!! Anyway after about 45 mins of the bilge running we got rid of most of the water.

Long story short, we sold it and bought a '10 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Had it out a few times before freeze up and no more water over the bow on this one. The new ride is nice... It has the LS3 in it. After 2 M/C's I was really torn going to another make but I got a smoking deal on it. I was looking real hard at a new X2 but in the end the VLX was just a little bigger and after the X7 we just wanted a bigger boat.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:24 AM
HarleyMaster HarleyMaster is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: Mastercraft, X7, 2006, MCX
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 35
Here is our 2006 X7, we love it! Will be looking to upgrade with new haul???
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 AM
gbm's Avatar
gbm gbm is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X-7
Location: North
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyMaster View Post
Here is our 2006 X7, we love it! Will be looking to upgrade with new haul???
Good looking boat. Nicely appointed in "Harley" colors !

Geoff
__________________
Geoff

'10 X-2
'09 X-7 (taken by storm)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 AM
rodltg2 rodltg2 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Boat: SN196
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 6,020
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Ummmm... Well..... Yes I did. We put on around 48 hours this summer and grew real tired of always dipping the nose. We were on the Spokane River in Aug and going through a no wake zone when a pontoon boat went by too quick, my wife and 2 kids (7-4) were in the front. The pontoon boat sent 3 big wakes over the bow and filled er up to the windshield. I thought she was going down!!! Anyway after about 45 mins of the bilge running we got rid of most of the water.

Long story short, we sold it and bought a '10 Malibu Wakesetter VLX. Had it out a few times before freeze up and no more water over the bow on this one. The new ride is nice... It has the LS3 in it. After 2 M/C's I was really torn going to another make but I got a smoking deal on it. I was looking real hard at a new X2 but in the end the VLX was just a little bigger and after the X7 we just wanted a bigger boat.
Three people in the front no wonder it swamped !
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 10,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodltg2 View Post
Three people in the front no wonder it swamped !
No kidding! My rule of thumb is for every 1 person in the bow, you need two in the stern.
__________________
-Cameron
2007 ProStar 197
1996 ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
BrianT's Avatar
BrianT BrianT is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
No kidding! My rule of thumb is for every 1 person in the bow, you need two in the stern.
Yes typically, but we were idling along and less than 5mph in a no wake zone. The pontoon boat was going way to fast and way too close, all happened quick...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 10,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Yes typically, but we were idling along and less than 5mph in a no wake zone. The pontoon boat was going way to fast and way too close, all happened quick...
When you are idling is when you are most vulnerable.
__________________
-Cameron
2007 ProStar 197
1996 ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.