Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Was thinking the same thing... Especially because its my boat!
you post a for sale ad and talk about how awesome it is and by page 2 its turned in to a lemon and thats why you want to sell it.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:19 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplv View Post
you post a for sale ad and talk about how awesome it is and by page 2 its turned in to a lemon and thats why you want to sell it.
I'd say he's being honest about it (and maybe venting a little). I'd rather buy one that I knew "everything" about than one that the owner knew very little about or was tight lipped regarding problems.
I had to pry all that type of info out of the PO of my X2 and honestly it turned me off, but I gambled on the extremely low hrs it had and got lucky. COulda had low hrs because it spent it's life in the shop, but turns out it really just wasn't used much.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 12-01-2012, 01:32 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplv View Post
If you read the whole thread, you would have saw that it isnt for sale anymore. thanks for the kind comment.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:35 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
I'd say he's being honest about it (and maybe venting a little). I'd rather buy one that I knew "everything" about than one that the owner knew very little about or was tight lipped regarding problems.
I had to pry all that type of info out of the PO of my X2 and honestly it turned me off, but I gambled on the extremely low hrs it had and got lucky. COulda had low hrs because it spent it's life in the shop, but turns out it really just wasn't used much.
I wouldnt ever sell a boat knowing it was a piece of "crap". Mastercraft is doing everything in their power to make my boat how it should have been when we bought it. props to them, and MAJOR props to TX Mastercraft. Hopefully this is the last time it goes back to the shop. dealing with them reminds me why we bought a Mastercraft.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:10 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Malibu Sunsetter LXI 2006 Indmar 320
Quote:
You could probably name something on the boat and we've had problems with it.
Quote:
This is our 6th MC..... this is by far the worst one ive ever had!!!!!
Aric,

I don't think MPLV is being unfair in his comments. I'm reading this thread the EXACT same way he is. Also, I'm either lazy or blind, as I read the whole thread again and cannot see the indication that the boat isn't still for sale
Old 12-01-2012, 03:13 PM
MC Maniac

I said "i will probably end up making mastercraft make things right"
and a few posts later, i talk about how they are going to. the boat isn't for sale anymore, and you don't see me going around calling other people's boats a sac of crap when something is wrong with it. I think it is just common courtesy?
Old 12-01-2012, 04:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Malibu Sunsetter LXI 2006 Indmar 320
My apologies for getting involved in this ruckus. It is absolutely none of my business. Hope that the boat gets completely fixed and that you get more years of enjoyment out of it.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
So will you get another MC? or break to another brand...?
Hey Mike, i saw the custom decals you have made on another thread, and didnt want to thread jack that thread. what would it take to get me one of those??
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Hey Mike, i saw the custom decals you have made on another thread, and didnt want to thread jack that thread. what would it take to get me one of those??
hmmm... I could baby sit your boat while you are selling it...make you room for your new boat...to accommodation ya'. What did you have in mind.

The biggest issue I have is matching color without being there... so if you don't mind the colors I come up with I can consider it.... PM me.