Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
The new house is FINALLY started......

Well, after over a year of planning, giving several gallons of blood to the bank and several years of thinking/gathering advice, we FINALLY broke ground on the new house this past weekend. Here are a few pics from the big dig. For anyone who is interested, I will do my best to update this with new pics as we move along.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Cool! As a builder, I'd like to see progression pics of your project! Good thing you broke ground BEFORE the ground FROZE!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
MC Devotee

I think had the bank delayed us another week or 2 we would have been forced to wait until spring. The forecast is looking good for work the footer work today but truthfully not so good the rest of the week with rain chances nearly every day. We went with the Advantech flooring, which was a major factor for me in moving forward thru the winter/wet months. They are figuring that if all goes well, framing will begin around Christmas, likely a little before, so I will be spending my forseeable weekends on a dozer!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Congrats! Details, details!

What type of HVAC system are you doing?
Garage for you boat? (remember, it can never be TOO big!)

After having built 2 houses, I know now what mistakes I made and what I would do differently the next time around (if there is a next time)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Built - (okay - bought 2 custom homes and worked closely with a small home GC) - breaking ground was the most fun. Nice location...yes...many pictures... Ditto on the big garage... Don't forget the work bech nook and you can also have a beefed ceiling rafter system designed to lift boat off trailer... .. Don't forget gas line to garage heater and a couple 220v 50amp power lines for man tools...
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Beautiful location.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM
MC Devotee

Thanks guys:
The details are this.....The house will be 2206SF log cabin style A-frame/timberframe home, 3 bed, 2.5 bath with a 2 story greatroom and a walkout basement(to be finished eventually with a gym, office, family room, work room and additional 1/2 bath). Master bedroom and bath are on first floor along with kitchen and laundry with the additional 2 bedrooms being upstairs off of a loft which overlooks the greatroom.
The garage, well it is 24 wide and 30 deep with an 8 foot door and will be heated. Once I get past the major construction hurdles and see that my costs are not being overrun the plan is to add a 40x60 pole barn with a 12 foot door so that the boat and truck never come unhitched, and I have plenty of room for toys, storage, etc.. The pole building will be heated as well but this likely will not get done for about another year, unless of course I hit the lottery or you guys want to take up a donation pool for me....give it some thought!!!

HVAC will be YORK and I plan to run plenty of power to the house....ran 200 amp service back to the site over the summer.

The driveway is now 1480 feet in length from the road to the garage and took 710 ton of 1's and 2's to construct along with about 400 ton of clay that we excavated making my pond larger, and took to the front of the property in order to make the transition to the road level. Thank god for the Meyer V snowplow!!!

Let the fun begin!!!

Last edited by jkski; 12-03-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Well, after over a year of planning, giving several gallons of blood to the bank and several years of thinking/gathering advice, we FINALLY broke ground on the new house this past weekend. Here are a few pics from the big dig. For anyone who is interested, I will do my best to update this with new pics as we move along.
congrats!
When I read the title, I immediately looked at your location.... thought "dang, that takes some balls starting a home build just in time for winter"

I know you're anxious and I hope it all goes well for you

edit:
can I say balls in here

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 PROSTAR 205
Awesome. I love looking at new construction pictures. Very exciting times. My wife and I built our home ourselves 19 years ago. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM
MC Devotee

Well, I agree and I am not certain about the "balls" aspect but I can say it is indeed a gamble but one I researched the heck out of. Given the winter we had last year, if you can call it that, I would have had no problem building this then, so that being said, we will likely have a harsh winter with snow everyday this year! Those who plow for a living and who enjoy einter sports can thank me now!!! Again, donations are welcome!!!

I will be sure to share the good, bad and ugly with you (naturally hoping for for too much of the bad and ugly but gotta be realistic!).