Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Parts & Accessories

Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: None
WTB - Cover for a 2006 Mastercraft X2

******no Longer Looking****

Last edited by tyler97217; 12-04-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
They come up once in a while on Fleabay, the OE surlast covers.
Just make sure it's for a X2 with a tower and not a MS 200.
They are advertised as fitting an X2 but don't have the tower cutouts. I made the mistake once, but the seller was nice enough to void the transaction before shipping.

Good luck on the cheap price! I gave up after about a year of searching and just had mine repaired.
Best bet is someone on the forum who bought an aftermarket cover. There are some out there because the OE covers stain the vinyl if it's got white vinyl.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 11-24-2012, 01:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft Maristar 210VRS, 2000
Not mine, but came across the ad...

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/3430019991.html
Old 11-24-2012, 03:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
Looks like that one on Craigslist is for a 2007 and up with a different tower than the 2006.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
I just repaired mine. Granny threw it on the ol' Singer sewing machine and we patched it up real good. PO had it outside for a bit in the rain without the supports... It looked like bubba tried to jump in the middle. Looks and works great now!!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:40 PM
TT Newbie

Unfortunately I dont have a cover in that year. Have you tired looking on ebay for that cover I kinda just did a general search for a 2006 Mastercraft x-2 cover. Here is a link to the search results. Covers Hopefully this helps you out.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
They come up once in a while on Fleabay, the OE surlast covers.
Just make sure it's for a X2 with a tower and not a MS 200.
They are advertised as fitting an X2 but don't have the tower cutouts. I made the mistake once, but the seller was nice enough to void the transaction before shipping.

Good luck on the cheap price! I gave up after about a year of searching and just had mine repaired.
Best bet is someone on the forum who bought an aftermarket cover. There are some out there because the OE covers stain the vinyl if it's got white vinyl.
My oe cover has been on for 3 yrs and no stains. I heard about this problem and think there was some bad matierial out there for a yr or 2. I have had the after market covers and most just create mildew but the oe does not under the exact same applications. FWIW
1996 Bayliner 2050
Old 12-04-2012, 01:48 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks all. I purchased a cover for it.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstan View Post
My oe cover has been on for 3 yrs and no stains. I heard about this problem and think there was some bad matierial out there for a yr or 2. I have had the after market covers and most just create mildew but the oe does not under the exact same applications. FWIW
Does your boat have white vinyl? If so you're one of the only lucky ones. If it kinda looks white but isn't like paper white then it's a very light gray. My buddy has light gray on his 06 X15. Looks white until you park it next to mine and he has NO trouble. Leaves the boat on an open lift all summer with a OE MC cover, no issues.
My boat is garaged 350days a year and if mine even sees direct sunlight in the summer with the cover on for more than a couple hrs, the vinyl starts turning brown where the cover touches it.
It does fade out and gone though, back to white in less than a day on the water..............weird!

Maybe you're right on the bad vinyl. Not sure if I've seen the problem on 08's.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN