Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Other Items

Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
picture of the MC version......

Those are pretty nice. I wouldn't mind putting a couple of those on my boat.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
Has anyone actually used these for their intended purpose? How well do they work? Do they hold up pretty well? Do you have concerns they will pop out at night?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
I had these same questions in my head when I was looking at them. Also, how do they stop the water from going into the boat? It appears (unless I am not looking at them correct), that they are hollow all the way through?

MONKEY FACE
Old 11-30-2012, 12:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-14V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pram View Post
I had these same questions in my head when I was looking at them. Also, how do they stop the water from going into the boat? It appears (unless I am not looking at them correct), that they are hollow all the way through?
I suspect they would allow water in the boat with the fender removed. But they are mounted above the rub strip, so the likelihood of getting significant water there is pretty small.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethebt View Post
Has anyone actually used these for their intended purpose? How well do they work? Do they hold up pretty well? Do you have concerns they will pop out at night?
Good questions. I take a lot of comfort that they are used on Cobalt boats and have a three year warranty... but if anyone uses these, please post your experience
Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

MC Info
I've called a couple of MC dealers. They don't know much about them because they are brand new and they have not seen any in person. In fact, I'd say we know more about them because of the info we've got from the manufacturer. I've had prices quoted from $124 to $104 for the MC versions. This is both the pin and receiver. There are 50 in stock at MC, so delivery is not an issue.

Of the total $124 price quote for MC, it's $71 for the pin with the mastercraft logo and $53 for the receiver. The other MC dealers had no idea that the one part was in fact two parts.

Phender Pro Info
For a flat $200 charge, Phender Pro will produce pins with our own choice of graphics. I had thought a single large star (like an S&S) would be both cool and not contravene any copyright or trademark. However we need to provide an order of 200 @$XX.XX each + the $200 design charge before they'd do the custom graphics. We have a number of boats interested, but I think we'll never get to 200 pins based on current interest.

So the group buy ones will have the Phender Pro logo in it. This is shown on their website and brochure). if we buy 200 they we can opt for no logo and just have plain polished stainless.

Installation
My boat is in storage a long way frmo here, so I did drop into my local MC today. After walking around the display boats, I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to install these in my X-14V without using the special tool: you need to be able to hold the inside nut while screwing the receiver from the outside. Here's what I found for fenders located:
1) in the rear. Enter through the storage compartment (easy).
2) in the middle in front of the tower - enter by removing the speaker (I think it will be easy)
3) in the front... by either removing the speaker or one of the seat side/ back cushions . The front certainly could be difficult.

There are a few wires and cables, and the mounting bracket for the tower that I'll have to work around, but it doesn't seem that bad. When I order, I won't order the special tool.

Longevity
http://www.cobaltboats.com/v12/outfi...balt/index.php
http://www.cobaltboats.com/v12/why_c...ns/index.html# (click on the fender link)

I've looked and have not found any reviews, complaints or feedback on these clips anywhere. They seem to be relatively new to cobalt (2012?) . THere are a few competitors similar in principal, but they don't look nearly as nice and I wouldnt buy them.

Group Buy
We have almost enough for a group buy, so if you're interested, let me know via pm. I need one or two more boats.

Thanks

Last edited by rtw_travel; 12-04-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: *****removed manufacturer's wholesale pricing for confidentiality reasons*****
Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtw_travel View Post
Good questions. I take a lot of comfort that they are used on Cobalt boats and have a three year warranty... but if anyone uses these, please post your experience
They won't fall out, it has a push/locking pin and rubber grommet. You place 2 fingers behind the pin and push the logo portion of the button, this releases the locking pin. As far as getting water in the boat when removed, they are placed above the rub rail, any splash etc. would just run to the bilge, don't see this as being any issue at all.

I think it is one of the best engineered systems out there, nice part is you set your fenders once and forget it, plus no dealing with ropes sharing your cleats.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM
MC Fanatic

I wonder if we could buff or polish the phender pro off if we wanted and just have polished SS?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 AM
MC Fanatic

The other question that I have is how many are on a new prostar? Just trying to figure out if 2 or 3 is needed per side.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
I would think 2/side on any boat would be sufficient, aft and mid-ship at the widest point. On my X2 we use one aft and one tied off on the front tower leg, forward of that has no purpose. Bow cleat is only used for tie off point.