Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
Winterized the MC today......
Found the big yellow banner I made you...I'll get it to you next season......
Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
I used mine this weekend...
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
Degreased the motor with Simple Green and vacuumed every crevice I could find while brushing with a paint brush to loosen what I figure is the PO dog's hair. Not much there, but I am running out of things on the puttering list, so I am getting down in the weeds. Still need to finish the trailer maintenance - grease wheel bearings, inspect/adjust brakes...
Old 11-26-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I used mine this weekend...
that's not work!!!! lol...
Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Had an old Infinity BassLink from a car that I previously sold, so went ahead and installed it for kicks while the turkey cooked on Thursday. Took the boat out for a ride on Friday--weather was just okay but it was great to be out in the fresh air and water. After living in Minnesota for nine brutal winters, it was a blast to be boating in late November!

Sunday spent replacing some odds and ends hardware (stripped screws, etc.), interior cleaning, and testing some scratch removal protocol (wet sanding in some inconspicuous areas to learn just how this is done correctly). Just ordered an Optima Bluetop and a Borg Warner isolator relay so that'll be the next thing to add so I can enjoy the stereo without worry.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Used mine yesterday. Came back to the dock, dropped off the vehicle driver, restarted it and it was suddenly idling about 200 rpms low and sounded like the trans was lightly knocking in gear. Immediately went to the tie off dock and shut it off. Later inspection found one spark plug lead loose. I hope that was the cause of everything! Won't know until next week. Trans fluid was full and in good condition. I haven't had the boat long enough to do a tuneup so I hadn't had a reason to check plugs and leads yet.

Last edited by strad; 11-26-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99' Sportstar
Continuation of my motor /bilge degreasing and painting, rusting parts under the motor box

Was going to have the harmonic balancer painted but turns out it is not recommend to super heat to the powder coat oven temps since there is this rubber ring.

So instead ill have to be content with just cleaning it up and use high temp engine enamel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonwa View Post
Continuation of my motor /bilge degreasing and painting, rusting parts under the motor box

Was going to have the harmonic balancer painted but turns out it is not recommend to super heat to the powder coat oven temps since there is this rubber ring.

So instead ill have to be content with just cleaning it up and use high temp engine enamel.
I'm a big fan of "evaporust" it's non corrosive and it works. One downside is it takes more that you might think to clear all the rust. www.evaporust.com. I ran it thru the waterjacket to remove some of the rust...used 2.5 gallons...could of used 10...but its $22 a gallon if you buy it a gallon at a time...
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Found the big yellow banner I made you...I'll get it to you next season......
Sweet......

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 11-30-2012, 10:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
I changed the engine oil and tranny oil this past weekend then put it back in the garage. This is the first time I did the tranny oil myself as prior I had it done by the shop while doing a tune-up. I was amazed at the amount of stuff that was trapped by the filter (more like a screen). Cleaned out the transmission filter and reused.

Tonight I just got done with winterizing the ballast tanks. Also dry-blocked the engine. Blew out the heater and shower lines. Called it a night. Gotta leave other things to do so I have excuses to continue to go out in the garage to be with the boat, drink beer and lament about no more wakeboarding until spring.