Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
From the pictures it looks like a very clean boat. The interior/vunyl issues do not look like they were from neglect or hard use (as evidenced by the carpet condition and overall condition as well), rather it looks like the typical cracked vinyl from that era of boats. As mentioned, there was a run of sub par interiors in the early 2000's.
I'd say it's a decent deal and personally I'd just fix the vinyl that is splitting and see how long the rest of it lasts.
Things that keep it from being a $20k boat like some later model PS 205s: single axle trailer, no PP, base engine (nothing wrong with that) and no tower (personal preference there).
425hrs is nothing if it's been maintained well, 35hrs/yr is below avg use, but better to see a boat that was used/maintianed every year than a super low hr one that may have sat for years un used, IMO. That boat should have another 1500hrs in it with the orig engine and trans.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: none
Thanks guys....haven't heard anything back from them today, but by your responses, I think you feel the same way about it as I do. I think I would be willing to even go up to the 15700 price (if they deny the 15300 offer) only if they were willing to do the interior and I would only go through with deal if it met my standards.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 11-21-2012, 12:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: prostar 205 2000
Tyler, I have a 2000 prostar SD edition, it's been a great boat for us - got it with 400 hours on the engine, it has a few more options that what you're looking at, so it cost a bit more:

dual axle trailer, tower, 330hp engine, perfect pass. Your price seems pretty reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler V View Post
Thanks guys....haven't heard anything back from them today, but by your responses, I think you feel the same way about it as I do. I think I would be willing to even go up to the 15700 price (if they deny the 15300 offer) only if they were willing to do the interior and I would only go through with deal if it met my standards.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostar 190
Greetings Tyler,

I've been enjoying the thread. The suspense killing me. Are you the new owner of an MC 205?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
I just checked back in on this thread. I am with PineLakeRumble, anxiously awaiting news. Any new info Tyler???
Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 PM
TT Newbie

Funny thing guys, I don't know if I scared off the dealership with my offer, but I haven't heard anything back from them since last Monday. I emailed the broker today to see what was going on.....still nothing....I have just been continuing my search....lol....we will see what they say....I will definitely let you know what happens

Thanks for the interest...I really appreciated everyone's info on this thread....it helped me greatly....
Old 11-28-2012, 02:37 PM
TT Newbie

So the broker sends me an email yesterday only going up by $200 from my offer. I pretty much tell him I will except it with the interior being replaced as well and that I would email him today, due to my crazy work schedule, and we would set up the final deal. He emails me this morning to say another salesman sold the boat yesterday.....lol....guess it wasn't meant to be....I've still been looking everyday and will just push on towards a boat. I have found some great boats but many of them are just not practical as they are so far away from Georgia....

I'm sure I will find another one and let you guys know, because I'm sure I will have questions about it as well. Funny thing is I found another one and called to set up coming to see it the other day and the owner sold it that day....lol....it had been on boattrader for months...my luck

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
It's good you're not sweating it. Your perfect boat is out there somewhere.

My first two boats . . . I had to make trips down to the US to get what I wanted. (Not so great a selection of used MC's up here in the Canadian prairies.) With my current boat, I was looking around for an 05 X2 and one popped up just 60 miles down the highway, and at a better price that what I was seeing south of the border.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Keep looking and be ready to buy when the right one goes up for sale.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Yea, I took my time too. I ended up getting mine off of eBay from a pawn shop. Risky, definitely. That's why I had a low number I would only bid to and then that's it. I kept a reserve in my pocket in case it needed some work. Fortunately, it worked out and didn't need a lot once I got it.

So, be patient and you'll find the one you want. Just be prepared in that 2000 era, most will need interior work......in my mind, that was a given.

As we are on the subject, my widowed sister-in-law wanted a boat and I really wanted the 2000 205 for her but I did not want her to deal with interior problems. So I found a rare Cobalt DD instead. I knew the interior would be better for her. Yea, the ski wake isn't quite as good but she has a more hassle free boat. Something that a single mom with 4 kids needs.

Keep lookin' man!

1994 205, LT1