Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-18-2012, 09:25 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
Mastercraft X2

My X2 has pop up cleats too from the factory. I though all new MC's come with these? I was talking about these http://bigskyprecision.com/PhenderPro.php

I wish I had four of these too. No more of wraping the rope around everything just plug and play!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:35 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
I have 6 pop up cleats on my X2......... use the factory aft the mid ship pop up cleats I added for hanging fenders.
Do you have any pics you can post?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
My X2 has pop up cleats too from the factory. I though all new MC's come with these? I was talking about these http://bigskyprecision.com/PhenderPro.php

I wish I had four of these too. No more of wraping the rope around everything just plug and play!
I'm with you there. It might be nice to have the pop up cleats for dock line and the phenderpro for fenders. Im just trying to simplify the launch and recovery procedure. The addition of both may be the best route.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
They are not cheap, but I have seen them in action, very nice. I called them awhile back and think the price was like $100 or $150 each... It is an option on the 2013's. If I was not selling my boat I would add them, definite on my next boat. They have a post build installation system, you just need to make sure you know the best place to put them before drilling holes.

As far as the fender/bumper debate, we call them both by name Fenders become bumpers when/if you come into the dock to quickly
Old 11-18-2012, 10:50 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Sweet ride
Does anyone have a picture of these installed?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
According to wikipedia nautical terms and go sailing:

FenderAn air or foam filled bumper used in boating to keep boats from banging into docks or each other.

[SIZE=3pt] Fairleads: A metal fitting through which lines are run to in order to change the direction of the lines while reducing friction on the lines.

Fairway: Sailing on inland waters, fairway means an open channel or being in midchannel.

Fast: To make fast. To secure (snugly tie) a line to something.

Fathoms: A unit of measurement. One fathon equals 6 feet.

Fenders: Cylindrical air filled plastic or rubber bumpers hung off the side of a boat or dock to prevent damage to both dock and boat.

Fetch: The distance over open water the wind has blown.

Faked: A line is faked by zig zagging it back and forth so that when it is used it will not tangle on itself.

Flaked:A sail is flaked when lowered. Flaking a sail is the process of folding the sail back and forth upon itself like the blades on a paper fan. Flaking a sail will help prolong the sail life.

Foot (Sail): The foot of a sail is the lower part of the sail. In the case of a mainsail, this is the part of the sail that runs along the boom.

Forestay: The forestay is a wire that runs from the top of the mast (or near the top of the mast) to the bow of the boat. The forestay supports the mast from falling backwards and is also used in shaping the bend in the mast for maximum efficiency. The luff (front) of the foresails (jib, genoa) are also generally attached to the forestay depending on the rigging system.

Forward: When on a boat, forward means towards the bow. "Move forward" - move towards the front of the boat.[/size]
Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethebt View Post
Do you have any pics you can post?
No action shots, but you can see the midship cleat in this picture.............
Attached Images

2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 11-18-2012, 12:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Sweet ride
Thanks, I was seeing if anyone had pictures of the pin style cleat like the Phender Pro?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 x2
West Marine has pop up cleats.
4.5" Stainless-Steel Pop-Up "Neat Cleat" 3732245 66515-7 In Stock $69.99
When docking we just use a bungee rope on the ski plyon and one on the tower and attach TAYLOR MADE Big B Fenders with Tidy-Ups Fender Adjusters. We don't dock often, but we never have had an issues with this set up.

if its glass we ski
if its a rough we wakeboard
if it choppy we surf
A day on the Lake with family and friends Priceless
Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsCraft View Post

Forestay: The forestay is a wire that runs from the top of the mast (or near the top of the mast) to the bow of the boat. The forestay supports the mast from falling backwards and is also used in shaping the bend in the mast for maximum efficiency. The luff (front) of the foresails (jib, genoa) are also generally attached to the forestay depending on the rigging system.
ohhhhhh...... so now i know why when i say baby lets cut the forestay and go straight to the bed she just looks at me weird...